Shaun speeds to race win
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous of Lotto Olympia Team Interbike (pictured) won the 61-mile Velo Club Baracchi summer road race on Sunday.It was held on a circuit using roads passing through Somerleyton, Lound and St Olaves.
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous of Lotto Olympia Team Interbike (pictured) won the 61-mile Velo Club Baracchi summer road race on Sunday.
It was held on a circuit using roads passing through Somerleyton, Lound and St Olaves.
The 70-rider field split and re-formed several times during the race, the decisive five-man break forming with two-and-a-half of the seven laps to go. The break's lead reached a maximum 50 seconds at the bell.
With two miles remaining Norwich rider Phil Hargreaves and Aldous left their breakaway companions.
You may also want to watch:
This pair worked together to the finish where Aldous comfortably won the sprint for the win.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 7 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Police dog tracks down driver hiding in a ditch after fleeing crash scene