Shaun speeds to race win
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous of Lotto Olympia Team Interbike (pictured) won the 61-mile Velo Club Baracchi summer road race on Sunday.It was held on a circuit using roads passing through Somerleyton, Lound and St Olaves.
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous of Lotto Olympia Team Interbike (pictured) won the 61-mile Velo Club Baracchi summer road race on Sunday.
It was held on a circuit using roads passing through Somerleyton, Lound and St Olaves.
The 70-rider field split and re-formed several times during the race, the decisive five-man break forming with two-and-a-half of the seven laps to go. The break's lead reached a maximum 50 seconds at the bell.
With two miles remaining Norwich rider Phil Hargreaves and Aldous left their breakaway companions.
You may also want to watch:
This pair worked together to the finish where Aldous comfortably won the sprint for the win.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country