Silver delight for gym girl Claire
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group.
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.
She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group. Her beam score was the highest in the group to give her a total of 45.70 on the four pieces. Team-mate Daisy Tyrrell-Kent was in the same group and, although consistent in scoring over 10.00 on all pieces, she was placed sixth with a score of 43.35.
Imogen Ogden competed in the 10/11 age group. Although she had the highest score in her group on the beam, her lower vault score resulted in a total of 43.05 and 5th place, just 0.75 outside the medals.
In the seven to eight age group, Rebecca Chapman competed in her first four-piece competition. Her performance on the floor was very good and she did a tidy bar routine but nerves on the beam brought her final score down to 40.30.
You may also want to watch:
This annual competition attracted over 70 gymnasts from all over the region and the coaches were pleased with how all the gymnasts handled themselves in such a large competition.
For further details about the club, call coach Alf Dyer on 01502 582688.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay