Silver delight for gym girl Claire
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group.
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.
She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group. Her beam score was the highest in the group to give her a total of 45.70 on the four pieces. Team-mate Daisy Tyrrell-Kent was in the same group and, although consistent in scoring over 10.00 on all pieces, she was placed sixth with a score of 43.35.
Imogen Ogden competed in the 10/11 age group. Although she had the highest score in her group on the beam, her lower vault score resulted in a total of 43.05 and 5th place, just 0.75 outside the medals.
In the seven to eight age group, Rebecca Chapman competed in her first four-piece competition. Her performance on the floor was very good and she did a tidy bar routine but nerves on the beam brought her final score down to 40.30.
You may also want to watch:
This annual competition attracted over 70 gymnasts from all over the region and the coaches were pleased with how all the gymnasts handled themselves in such a large competition.
For further details about the club, call coach Alf Dyer on 01502 582688.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 3 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 4 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage