Silver delight for gym girl Claire
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group.
CLAIRE Gasking from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club was awarded the silver medal at Bury St Edmunds Friendly Novice Competition.
She faced some very strong competition in the 13 and over age group. Her beam score was the highest in the group to give her a total of 45.70 on the four pieces. Team-mate Daisy Tyrrell-Kent was in the same group and, although consistent in scoring over 10.00 on all pieces, she was placed sixth with a score of 43.35.
Imogen Ogden competed in the 10/11 age group. Although she had the highest score in her group on the beam, her lower vault score resulted in a total of 43.05 and 5th place, just 0.75 outside the medals.
In the seven to eight age group, Rebecca Chapman competed in her first four-piece competition. Her performance on the floor was very good and she did a tidy bar routine but nerves on the beam brought her final score down to 40.30.
You may also want to watch:
This annual competition attracted over 70 gymnasts from all over the region and the coaches were pleased with how all the gymnasts handled themselves in such a large competition.
For further details about the club, call coach Alf Dyer on 01502 582688.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital