Sir John Leeman High School’s year 11 team crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
The Sir John Leman High School’s Year 11 football team were crowned U16 county champions after an enthralling cup final against King Edward VI School.
Leman had the better of a goalless first half but had to withstand some pressure at the start of the second with some good goalkeeping from Bradley Fisher and a clearance off the line from Luke Pearce.
The midfield battle continued and the trio of George Brown, Alex Peek and George Milton were working hard and were well supported by wingers Lee Halls and Ashley Dudey.
With extra-time and penalties looming the game opened up and with around five minutes to go Milton sent through Steven Bee who finished beautifully into the bottom right corner, to the delight of the Leman supporters.
King Edward almost equalised late on with a header which went wide of the post.
You may also want to watch:
This was their last chance and thanks to some good hold up play from Alex Thorpe and Brady Blake Leman ran down the clock.
This is the second time they have won the trophy in three years, a fantastic achievement. Luke Pearce was man of the match.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk