Skilleter shows skill on tables
THE Beccles and District Table Tennis League held their annual tournament finals at Hales Village Hall.Luke Glaysher won the U21s singles by beating last year's winner Tom Herne.
THE Beccles and District Table Tennis League held their annual tournament finals at Hales Village Hall.
Luke Glaysher won the U21s singles by beating last year's winner Tom Herne. In the U60s handicap singles, Oly Howes beat his brother Matt.
James Skilleter won the first of his three trophies in the pot-luck doubles by partnering Alf Stubbs to victory over Tom Herne and Barry Fortune.
Matt Howes reappeared in the open handicap singles final against his father Gordon and Matt avenged his earlier defeat. In the open
You may also want to watch:
11-up singles final, James Skilleter came up against Steve Griffee. Although Steve won the third leg, James won in four legs.
Two Hales Ants players, Barney Garrod and Adrian Key met in the over 60s handicap singles final and Adrian won to retain his title.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 Town's post office to close within a month
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found
The open doubles title was won by Rejects' James Skilleter and Mark Durham against Ants pair Alan Connelly and Steve Griffee.
The open singles final was a classic confrontation between the champion for the previous four years, James Skilleter and Rejects team-mate Mark Durham.
James won the first leg 21-10 with comparative ease and looked as though he had the edge in the second before losing it 21-17. The third leg had many twists and turns before Mark emerged as victor by 26-24 after a comeback.