Smashing results at Bungay
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior.
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.
Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior. The men's singles was won by Paul Cunningham, and the men's doubles by Ian Forder and Keith Roper.
Trophies were presented by Alan Reeve, secretary of the Lowestoft and District Tennis League, in which Bungay A won promotion from Division Three.
A special award was presented to Becky King as a tribute to her work with the junior section.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Chris Caswell said it had been a successful season for the club, and thanked all those who had contributed to it. The evening included a buffet provided by members, and dancing to live music.
Club tennis sessions continue on Monday evenings from 7pm under the Maltings Meadow floodlights and on Saturday afternoons from 2.30pm. New players of any ability, including beginners, are welcome to come along.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
Pictures, from top left: ladies' doubles winners Lynn Caswell, left and Sarah Watts, with Lowestoft League secretary Alan Reeve; men's doubles winners Ian Forder, second left and Keith Roper, second right, with club chairman Chris Caswell, right and Alan Reeve; mixed doubles winners Bob Prior and Sarah Watts; and immediate right singles winners Paul Cunningham and Sarah Watts with their trophies.