Smashing results at Bungay
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior.
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.
Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior. The men's singles was won by Paul Cunningham, and the men's doubles by Ian Forder and Keith Roper.
Trophies were presented by Alan Reeve, secretary of the Lowestoft and District Tennis League, in which Bungay A won promotion from Division Three.
A special award was presented to Becky King as a tribute to her work with the junior section.
Chairman Chris Caswell said it had been a successful season for the club, and thanked all those who had contributed to it. The evening included a buffet provided by members, and dancing to live music.
Club tennis sessions continue on Monday evenings from 7pm under the Maltings Meadow floodlights and on Saturday afternoons from 2.30pm. New players of any ability, including beginners, are welcome to come along.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 4 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 5 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 6 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Theatre group set for tour of outdoor venues with latest performances
- 9 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 10 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
Pictures, from top left: ladies' doubles winners Lynn Caswell, left and Sarah Watts, with Lowestoft League secretary Alan Reeve; men's doubles winners Ian Forder, second left and Keith Roper, second right, with club chairman Chris Caswell, right and Alan Reeve; mixed doubles winners Bob Prior and Sarah Watts; and immediate right singles winners Paul Cunningham and Sarah Watts with their trophies.