Smashing results at Bungay
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior.
WINNERS of Bungay Tennis Club's club competitions were presented with their trophies at the end-of-season party at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.
Sarah Watts, the club's secretary, achieved a clean sweep, winning the ladies' singles, the ladies' doubles with Lynn Caswell and the mixed doubles with Bob Prior. The men's singles was won by Paul Cunningham, and the men's doubles by Ian Forder and Keith Roper.
Trophies were presented by Alan Reeve, secretary of the Lowestoft and District Tennis League, in which Bungay A won promotion from Division Three.
A special award was presented to Becky King as a tribute to her work with the junior section.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Chris Caswell said it had been a successful season for the club, and thanked all those who had contributed to it. The evening included a buffet provided by members, and dancing to live music.
Club tennis sessions continue on Monday evenings from 7pm under the Maltings Meadow floodlights and on Saturday afternoons from 2.30pm. New players of any ability, including beginners, are welcome to come along.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
Pictures, from top left: ladies' doubles winners Lynn Caswell, left and Sarah Watts, with Lowestoft League secretary Alan Reeve; men's doubles winners Ian Forder, second left and Keith Roper, second right, with club chairman Chris Caswell, right and Alan Reeve; mixed doubles winners Bob Prior and Sarah Watts; and immediate right singles winners Paul Cunningham and Sarah Watts with their trophies.