Smashing win for Halesworth
HALESWORTH Middle School's girls have won the High Suffolk Schools Sports Partnership U14 badminton competition.The tournament was initially a round robin format followed by knock-out semi-finals and final.
HALESWORTH Middle School's girls have won the High Suffolk Schools Sports Partnership U14 badminton competition.
The tournament was initially a round robin format followed by knock-out semi-finals and final.
The Halesworth girls lost their first match to Hartismere High 2-1. They then clinched a place in the knock out stage by defeating Thomas Mills High 3-0, Stradbroke High 2-1 and Debenham High 2-1.
In the semi-final the girls again defeated Stradbroke High by two games to one. It was clear that the Halesworth girls had learnt a lot from the previous matches and were beginning to play some really good badminton.
You may also want to watch:
In the final they met Hartismere High who had beaten them in the first match of the round robin stage. This time it was the Halesworth girls who came out on top, winning the match 3-0 to take the title.
Halesworth were the only middle school challenging the older high school girls in this U14 event and they should be very proud of their achievement.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 5 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 6 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
They will now take part in the county finals in the new year.