Spirited battle by Beccles golfers
five members from Beccles Golf Club travelled to Caldecott to play in the second round of the Daily Mail Matchplay, on Sunday.Captained by club secretary Alan Ereira, the team consisted of senior and junior members.
five members from Beccles Golf Club travelled to Caldecott to play in the second round of the Daily Mail Matchplay, on Sunday.
Captained by club secretary Alan Ereira, the team consisted of senior and junior members. Alan started the match off so he could welcome and support the players home. In very blustery conditions four out of the five matches were nip and tuck all the way round.
The home side leading comfortably on the front nine started to falter through the back nine. The first match was won by Caldecott four and three. Junior Edd Bowles lost on the last to an experienced Caldecott player.
The third match with Ron Walding was also all square up the last with Ron being beaten on the final green.
You may also want to watch:
Rod Green who has been in good club form won his match two and one and finally another junior member Niall Gill finished with a half on the last.
This gave the match to Caldecott 3� to 1�. Team captain Alan thanked all the players who had done themselves proud, and wished Caldecott all the best for the next round.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected for next three weeks
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers