Spirited battle by Beccles golfers
five members from Beccles Golf Club travelled to Caldecott to play in the second round of the Daily Mail Matchplay, on Sunday.Captained by club secretary Alan Ereira, the team consisted of senior and junior members.
five members from Beccles Golf Club travelled to Caldecott to play in the second round of the Daily Mail Matchplay, on Sunday.
Captained by club secretary Alan Ereira, the team consisted of senior and junior members. Alan started the match off so he could welcome and support the players home. In very blustery conditions four out of the five matches were nip and tuck all the way round.
The home side leading comfortably on the front nine started to falter through the back nine. The first match was won by Caldecott four and three. Junior Edd Bowles lost on the last to an experienced Caldecott player.
The third match with Ron Walding was also all square up the last with Ron being beaten on the final green.
You may also want to watch:
Rod Green who has been in good club form won his match two and one and finally another junior member Niall Gill finished with a half on the last.
This gave the match to Caldecott 3� to 1�. Team captain Alan thanked all the players who had done themselves proud, and wished Caldecott all the best for the next round.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles