Striding through the lanes
There was a great turnout of Black Dogs for the first Wroxham 5km race, running a picturesque route through tree-lined lanes.In 54th place was Chris Chorley in 19:59 followed by Bruce Rayner in 79th in a personal best of 20:52 with Robin Wilson in close contention in 93rd with a time 21:28.
There was a great turnout of Black Dogs for the first Wroxham 5km race, running a picturesque route through tree-lined lanes.
In 54th place was Chris Chorley in 19:59 followed by Bruce Rayner in 79th in a personal best of 20:52 with Robin Wilson in close contention in 93rd with a time 21:28.
Next in 151st was Bobbie Sauerzapf in 24:18 with Philip Neave in 177th in 25:34 and Karen Waters finishing in 199th in 28:02.
There were 237 finishers in the race.
You may also want to watch:
Two days later Chris Chorley and Bobbie Sauerzapf ran in the Ipswich Jaffa Friday five mile.
In a record turnout of 386 runners Chris finished in 72nd place in a time of 33.46 with Bobbie in 271st place, recording 41.56.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
On Bank Holiday Monday Bungay Black Dog Bob Jack ran the Brandon Forest half-marathon finishing in 255th place in a time of 2hrs 55.08.Quite a good result considering he ran the Canterbury half-marathon the day before!
The final race of the Great Yarmouth five-mile series saw a good turnout of 12 Black Dogs amongst the 169 finishers. Robbie James sped around the course in a new pb time of 31.12 to finish in 24th place with Chris Chorley next in 47th in 33.43.
Next was Bruce Rayner in 35.42 (68th) with Nigel Gilham just behind in 36.36 (77th) with David Punt snapping at his heels finishing in 36.50 (80th).Neil Thomas finished in 38:52 (103rd), then Bobbie Sauerzapf 40:25 (112th), Philip Neave 40.55 (114th), Karen Gedge 41.02 (115th), Bob Paul 41.03 (116th), Robin Farrar 43.20 (138th) and Karen Waters 46.21 (154th).
Five Black Dogs competed in the Dereham 10 mile alongside 267 other runners. Bobbie reports that this is a lovely run through quiet lanes with a great atmosphere and very friendly marshals.
Results as follows: 56th Chris Chorley 69:37, 94th Richard Dye 73:28 (returning to form),169th Bobbie Sauerzapf 81:14, 199 Karen Gedge 85.57 (five minutes faster than last year) and 215th Philip Neave 88:43.