Success for Beccles and Bungay juniors
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles and Bungay junior Harriers have had great success in representing their schools in various events around Norfolk and Essex.
At the Norfolk Schools County-Cross Country Championships at Sloughbottom Park, Norwich, four juniors competed in various distance races.
Luke Spear won the 6.4k race for the intermediate boys. Will Simm, running 5k for the junior boys, came third. Finn Spear, running 2k for the minor boys, came sixth. Lucy Emmett, running 3.2k for the junior girls, was fifth. All four have qualified to the Anglians at Ipswich on Saturday, representing Norfolk. Also joining them is Lauren Howe who qualified through the Suffolk schools.
On Friday, Grace Forster and Nick Saunders from The Old School Henstead, travelled to Brentwood for the Eastern region of the Independent Schools Cross Country Championships.
Whilst conditions under foot were treacherous, both ran well in very cold temperature. Grace, running 2k, was fourth of 78 runners. Nick Saunders, running 2k was 18th out of 80.
You may also want to watch:
With Grace’s result in the top 10 she will now represent East Anglia in the Independent Schools National Cross- Country Championships in Rugby.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?