Success for Beccles and Bungay juniors
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles and Bungay junior Harriers have had great success in representing their schools in various events around Norfolk and Essex.
At the Norfolk Schools County-Cross Country Championships at Sloughbottom Park, Norwich, four juniors competed in various distance races.
Luke Spear won the 6.4k race for the intermediate boys. Will Simm, running 5k for the junior boys, came third. Finn Spear, running 2k for the minor boys, came sixth. Lucy Emmett, running 3.2k for the junior girls, was fifth. All four have qualified to the Anglians at Ipswich on Saturday, representing Norfolk. Also joining them is Lauren Howe who qualified through the Suffolk schools.
On Friday, Grace Forster and Nick Saunders from The Old School Henstead, travelled to Brentwood for the Eastern region of the Independent Schools Cross Country Championships.
Whilst conditions under foot were treacherous, both ran well in very cold temperature. Grace, running 2k, was fourth of 78 runners. Nick Saunders, running 2k was 18th out of 80.
You may also want to watch:
With Grace’s result in the top 10 she will now represent East Anglia in the Independent Schools National Cross- Country Championships in Rugby.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities