Summer on the horizon as outdoor training starts
- Credit: Archant
Topcroft Cricket Club starts outdoor summer training on Thursday, March 30 at Topcroft Sports Field. Sessions for U15 and seniors will take place weekly, 6-8pm.
Ladies and girls coaching will begin with weekly sessions on Friday, April 21, with girls (U13 and below) from 5.30-6.30pm followed by ladies training (13 and over) from 6.30-8pm.
Junior coaching starts on Monday, April 24 where the club will be one of a number of Norfolk clubs launching a brand new ECB initiative called ‘All Stars’ aimed at children aged five to eight-years-old.
‘All Stars’ sessions will start be from 6.15-7pm with under nine, under 11 and under 13 players from 6.30-8pm.
Please note there will be no sessions on Bank Holiday Mondays, May 1 and 29.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions are open to all existing junior and senior members and any potential new players. All sessions are undertaken by ECB qualified coaches under the lead of the club head coach, Jon Block.
Topcroft Lions U19s will again be playing in the Norfolk U19 Twenty Twenty 20 competition. The club welcomes new players born after August 31, 1997 to join the team for the forthcoming season.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
If anyone has any questions do not hesitate to contact Jon by email at email@example.com.
In last week’s publication, the date of the free session was incorrectly entered for which we apologise.
Tomorrow, Bungay Cricket Club is hosting a free session of cricket for all girls and boys aged six-11 at Bungay Sports Hall, behind the High School premises.
The morning’s aim is to encourage youngsters to enjoy the sport of cricket with some fun and active sessions taken by fully trained coaches to give an introduction for those who want to try the sport for the first time and for those returning after the winter break.
The emphasis will be very much on making it a lively session using soft ball kit and no previous experience is required.
The morning starts at 10am and finishes at noon and organisers ask that each child brings a bottle of water.
Any questions, please contact Stuart Buck on 07950 480195.