Summer on the horizon as outdoor training starts
- Credit: Archant
Topcroft Cricket Club starts outdoor summer training on Thursday, March 30 at Topcroft Sports Field. Sessions for U15 and seniors will take place weekly, 6-8pm.
Ladies and girls coaching will begin with weekly sessions on Friday, April 21, with girls (U13 and below) from 5.30-6.30pm followed by ladies training (13 and over) from 6.30-8pm.
Junior coaching starts on Monday, April 24 where the club will be one of a number of Norfolk clubs launching a brand new ECB initiative called ‘All Stars’ aimed at children aged five to eight-years-old.
‘All Stars’ sessions will start be from 6.15-7pm with under nine, under 11 and under 13 players from 6.30-8pm.
Please note there will be no sessions on Bank Holiday Mondays, May 1 and 29.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions are open to all existing junior and senior members and any potential new players. All sessions are undertaken by ECB qualified coaches under the lead of the club head coach, Jon Block.
Topcroft Lions U19s will again be playing in the Norfolk U19 Twenty Twenty 20 competition. The club welcomes new players born after August 31, 1997 to join the team for the forthcoming season.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
If anyone has any questions do not hesitate to contact Jon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In last week’s publication, the date of the free session was incorrectly entered for which we apologise.
Tomorrow, Bungay Cricket Club is hosting a free session of cricket for all girls and boys aged six-11 at Bungay Sports Hall, behind the High School premises.
The morning’s aim is to encourage youngsters to enjoy the sport of cricket with some fun and active sessions taken by fully trained coaches to give an introduction for those who want to try the sport for the first time and for those returning after the winter break.
The emphasis will be very much on making it a lively session using soft ball kit and no previous experience is required.
The morning starts at 10am and finishes at noon and organisers ask that each child brings a bottle of water.
Any questions, please contact Stuart Buck on 07950 480195.