Taekwon-do students celebrating after black belt success
- Credit: Archant
A group of students from Beccles and Bungay Taekwon-do Clubs were celebrating after picking up their black belts.
All students had to travel 150 miles to Ryton-on-Dunsmore near Coventry, where the grading took place in front of the GTUK senior instructors.
The successful Beccles students were Isabella Gibson 12, junior 1st dan, who was also awarded best junior thesis of the grading, Liam Mills 14, junior 1st dan, Dean Harding, Adult, 1st dan and Jason Drake, veteran, promoted to 1.5 dan.
The Bungay successes saw three junior black belts gain their 1st star promotion, Jacob Burden, Adam Fuller and Ben Burden.
Students also attended the recent club belt grading held at Bungay High School. Regional examiner Steve King, 6th Dan, from Wellingborough, was again very pleased with the progress being made.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about joining the clubs visit their websites.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles