Taekwon-do students celebrating after black belt success
- Credit: Archant
A group of students from Beccles and Bungay Taekwon-do Clubs were celebrating after picking up their black belts.
All students had to travel 150 miles to Ryton-on-Dunsmore near Coventry, where the grading took place in front of the GTUK senior instructors.
The successful Beccles students were Isabella Gibson 12, junior 1st dan, who was also awarded best junior thesis of the grading, Liam Mills 14, junior 1st dan, Dean Harding, Adult, 1st dan and Jason Drake, veteran, promoted to 1.5 dan.
The Bungay successes saw three junior black belts gain their 1st star promotion, Jacob Burden, Adam Fuller and Ben Burden.
Students also attended the recent club belt grading held at Bungay High School. Regional examiner Steve King, 6th Dan, from Wellingborough, was again very pleased with the progress being made.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about joining the clubs visit their websites.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?