Taekwon-do students celebrating after black belt success
- Credit: Archant
A group of students from Beccles and Bungay Taekwon-do Clubs were celebrating after picking up their black belts.
All students had to travel 150 miles to Ryton-on-Dunsmore near Coventry, where the grading took place in front of the GTUK senior instructors.
The successful Beccles students were Isabella Gibson 12, junior 1st dan, who was also awarded best junior thesis of the grading, Liam Mills 14, junior 1st dan, Dean Harding, Adult, 1st dan and Jason Drake, veteran, promoted to 1.5 dan.
The Bungay successes saw three junior black belts gain their 1st star promotion, Jacob Burden, Adam Fuller and Ben Burden.
Students also attended the recent club belt grading held at Bungay High School. Regional examiner Steve King, 6th Dan, from Wellingborough, was again very pleased with the progress being made.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about joining the clubs visit their websites.
- 1 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 7 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed