Teenager Miles stars for Topcroft
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.
In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Hard-hitting Craig Guy smashed 27 in no time before being caught by James Goodfellow off Tim Alexander, the first of the three wickets for the 14-year-old pace bowler.
Goodfellow picked up a wicket himself, as did Harry Windridge and Phil Du Plessis, before Kingston came on to finish the innings as the home side ended on 100 all out off 34.4 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Taylor and David Reeder opened the innings for Topcroft and looked well set before Taylor was run out for 19. Reeder punished anything loose before being caught for a well-made 37. Three further wickets fell in quick succession before youngsters Teddy Mattocks (15 not out) and Tim Alexander (9 not out) calmly saw their team home for their fourth win on the bounce.
This week they face Belton at home, looking to avenge their away defeat earlier in the season.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown