Teenager Miles stars for Topcroft
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.
In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Hard-hitting Craig Guy smashed 27 in no time before being caught by James Goodfellow off Tim Alexander, the first of the three wickets for the 14-year-old pace bowler.
Goodfellow picked up a wicket himself, as did Harry Windridge and Phil Du Plessis, before Kingston came on to finish the innings as the home side ended on 100 all out off 34.4 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Taylor and David Reeder opened the innings for Topcroft and looked well set before Taylor was run out for 19. Reeder punished anything loose before being caught for a well-made 37. Three further wickets fell in quick succession before youngsters Teddy Mattocks (15 not out) and Tim Alexander (9 not out) calmly saw their team home for their fourth win on the bounce.
This week they face Belton at home, looking to avenge their away defeat earlier in the season.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools