Teenager Miles stars for Topcroft
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Miles Kingston, aged 13, stole the show for Topcroft Sunday X1 in their five-wicket win at Kirkley and Lowestoft Railway.
In just 1.4 overs, Kingston took four wickets for just one run to end the home side's innings.
Hard-hitting Craig Guy smashed 27 in no time before being caught by James Goodfellow off Tim Alexander, the first of the three wickets for the 14-year-old pace bowler.
Goodfellow picked up a wicket himself, as did Harry Windridge and Phil Du Plessis, before Kingston came on to finish the innings as the home side ended on 100 all out off 34.4 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Taylor and David Reeder opened the innings for Topcroft and looked well set before Taylor was run out for 19. Reeder punished anything loose before being caught for a well-made 37. Three further wickets fell in quick succession before youngsters Teddy Mattocks (15 not out) and Tim Alexander (9 not out) calmly saw their team home for their fourth win on the bounce.
This week they face Belton at home, looking to avenge their away defeat earlier in the season.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk