There’s so much to celebrate at Bungay Town’s annual presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Town’s annual end-of-season presentation night was held at the Maltings Pavilion on Saturday.
It was a night of celebration, with the club’s veterans’ team receiving their plaques as winners of their veterans’ league division.
During the season they had a record all-time win for the club of 29-0 against Ipswich Phoenix.
The first team finished fourth in the Anglian Combination Division One, the highest position for 26 years, and leading scorer Aiden Lowe, who hit 17 goals, took the supporters’ Player of the Year award, with Dom Mirner and Tom Daniels joint runners-up.
The Manager’s Player of the Year award went to John Riches, with Mirner runner-up, and the Players’ Player award was won by Morgan Jones, with Shaun Whiteman runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Ling scooped two awards — the Players’ Player of the Year awards for both the Sunday Reserves and Saturday Reserves.
Two other players also got two accolades — Sam Bone was the Saturday Reserves Manager’s Player of the Year and also took the Golden Boot award as top goalscorer throughout all the club teams, with 35 goals. And Pat Hudson won the Manager’s Player award for the Sunday first team and Players’ Player award for the Saturday A team.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
Awards were presented by the team managers.
Full awards list: U18s: Players’ Player, Scott Holden; manager’s Player, Herbie Beamish. Sunday Reserves: Players’ Player, Callum Ling; Manager’s Player, Nathan Ling. Sunday first team: Players’ Player, Stu Campbell; Manager’s Player, Pat Hudson. Saturday A team: Player’s Player, Pat Hudson; Manager’s Player, Sam Tyrrell. Saturday Reserves: Players’ Player, Callum Ling; manager’s Player, Sam Bone. Saturday First Team: Supporters’ Player, Aiden Lowe, joint runners-up, Dom Mirner, Tom Daniels; Players’ Player, Morgan Jones, runner-up Shaun Whiteman; Manager’s Player, John Riches, runner-up, Dom Mirner. Veterans; Players’ Player, Tom York; manager’s Player, Andrew Thawley. Golden Boot: Sam Bone (35 goals). Chairman’s Mug: Terry Reeve. Special Corner Flag award: Geoff Arnold.
Gorleston Rangers’ 29th annual youth tournament will be held at Ormiston Venture Academy, Oriel Avenue, Gorleston on July 15 and 16. For more information contact Chris Dunne on 01493 601256.