There’s so much to celebrate at Bungay Town’s annual presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Town’s annual end-of-season presentation night was held at the Maltings Pavilion on Saturday.
It was a night of celebration, with the club’s veterans’ team receiving their plaques as winners of their veterans’ league division.
During the season they had a record all-time win for the club of 29-0 against Ipswich Phoenix.
The first team finished fourth in the Anglian Combination Division One, the highest position for 26 years, and leading scorer Aiden Lowe, who hit 17 goals, took the supporters’ Player of the Year award, with Dom Mirner and Tom Daniels joint runners-up.
The Manager’s Player of the Year award went to John Riches, with Mirner runner-up, and the Players’ Player award was won by Morgan Jones, with Shaun Whiteman runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Ling scooped two awards — the Players’ Player of the Year awards for both the Sunday Reserves and Saturday Reserves.
Two other players also got two accolades — Sam Bone was the Saturday Reserves Manager’s Player of the Year and also took the Golden Boot award as top goalscorer throughout all the club teams, with 35 goals. And Pat Hudson won the Manager’s Player award for the Sunday first team and Players’ Player award for the Saturday A team.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Awards were presented by the team managers.
Full awards list: U18s: Players’ Player, Scott Holden; manager’s Player, Herbie Beamish. Sunday Reserves: Players’ Player, Callum Ling; Manager’s Player, Nathan Ling. Sunday first team: Players’ Player, Stu Campbell; Manager’s Player, Pat Hudson. Saturday A team: Player’s Player, Pat Hudson; Manager’s Player, Sam Tyrrell. Saturday Reserves: Players’ Player, Callum Ling; manager’s Player, Sam Bone. Saturday First Team: Supporters’ Player, Aiden Lowe, joint runners-up, Dom Mirner, Tom Daniels; Players’ Player, Morgan Jones, runner-up Shaun Whiteman; Manager’s Player, John Riches, runner-up, Dom Mirner. Veterans; Players’ Player, Tom York; manager’s Player, Andrew Thawley. Golden Boot: Sam Bone (35 goals). Chairman’s Mug: Terry Reeve. Special Corner Flag award: Geoff Arnold.
Gorleston Rangers’ 29th annual youth tournament will be held at Ormiston Venture Academy, Oriel Avenue, Gorleston on July 15 and 16. For more information contact Chris Dunne on 01493 601256.