Thurlton host bowls finals
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday.
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.
With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday. The area was not disappointed.
Craig Parfitt (Thurlton) won the U25 singles; John Hurren, Andrew Burch and Paul Utting (Wrentham) won the two wood triples; Neil Newsome (Kessingland) won the four wood singles; Jimmy Summons and Neville Bately (Kessingland) won the veteran pairs - with Jimmy Summons taking a further two individual events.
Narrowly missing success in the three-wood triples were Shaun Cook, Peter Cook and Terry White (Thurlton), and in the mixed pairs Joy Squire (Hales) and Mike Patterson (Aldeby).
You may also want to watch:
Area A secretary Andrew Burch was delighted with his squad's performances, as was the Suffolk county ladies' president Paula Gooch (Area A) and they will be looking for the same level of results at the national finals in Skegness where all the winners will represent Suffolk County.
No pressure Area A!
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft