Thurlton host bowls finals
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday.
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.
With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday. The area was not disappointed.
Craig Parfitt (Thurlton) won the U25 singles; John Hurren, Andrew Burch and Paul Utting (Wrentham) won the two wood triples; Neil Newsome (Kessingland) won the four wood singles; Jimmy Summons and Neville Bately (Kessingland) won the veteran pairs - with Jimmy Summons taking a further two individual events.
Narrowly missing success in the three-wood triples were Shaun Cook, Peter Cook and Terry White (Thurlton), and in the mixed pairs Joy Squire (Hales) and Mike Patterson (Aldeby).
You may also want to watch:
Area A secretary Andrew Burch was delighted with his squad's performances, as was the Suffolk county ladies' president Paula Gooch (Area A) and they will be looking for the same level of results at the national finals in Skegness where all the winners will represent Suffolk County.
No pressure Area A!
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk