Thurlton host bowls finals
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday.
THURLTON Bowls Club hosted the Area A men's bowls finals with all winners qualifying for a place in the EBF Suffolk county finals at Bacton.
With 10 semi-finals won out of the 13 available at Bacton on the Saturday, hopes were high for the finals on Sunday. The area was not disappointed.
Craig Parfitt (Thurlton) won the U25 singles; John Hurren, Andrew Burch and Paul Utting (Wrentham) won the two wood triples; Neil Newsome (Kessingland) won the four wood singles; Jimmy Summons and Neville Bately (Kessingland) won the veteran pairs - with Jimmy Summons taking a further two individual events.
Narrowly missing success in the three-wood triples were Shaun Cook, Peter Cook and Terry White (Thurlton), and in the mixed pairs Joy Squire (Hales) and Mike Patterson (Aldeby).
You may also want to watch:
Area A secretary Andrew Burch was delighted with his squad's performances, as was the Suffolk county ladies' president Paula Gooch (Area A) and they will be looking for the same level of results at the national finals in Skegness where all the winners will represent Suffolk County.
No pressure Area A!
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue