Titles joy for Beccles bowls players
THE Men's county finals at the Risbygate club in Bury St Edmunds saw Beccles bowls players win two titles.Ben Harber, Ian Catchpole and John Catchpole won the triples, beating the Ipswich triple Mark Stannard, Colin Chick and Phillip Page by four shots.
THE Men's county finals at the Risbygate club in Bury St Edmunds saw Beccles bowls players win two titles.
Ben Harber, Ian Catchpole and John Catchpole won the triples, beating the Ipswich triple Mark Stannard, Colin Chick and Phillip Page by four shots.
In the semi-final they had a comfortable win over fellow Beccles players Mark Todd, David Todd and David Wood.
An U25 mixed singles competition was played for the first time, Lauren Clarke the winner. In her semi-final she played another Beccles player Louise Catchpole, running out a close winner..
You may also want to watch:
In the final of the U25 Singles, Ian Catchpole lost 21-20 to Aaron Phillips from Sudbury who had beaten last year's winner Ben Harber in the semi-finals. Beccles also had losing semi-finalists in the singles (Mark Todd), pairs (Mark and David Todd) and fours (Mark Todd, Cyril Moore, John Catchpole and David Wood).
On Sunday, 12 triples will take part in the annual Easter tournament from 10.30am. Next Wednesday evening the club semi-finals will start, 32 semi-finals over four days finishing on Sunday evening. A full programme of the matches is displayed at the club.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more