Top-hole prize at Halesworth GC
A hole-in-one could win a brand new Renault Clio Extreme for one lucky golfer at a golf competition on Friday June 19 at Halesworth Golf Club.The Renault Clio, supplied by Mitchells Renault, could be driven away by the lucky golfer who gets a hole-in-one at the 11th hole - the odds of which are approximately 12,750 to one for an amateur.
A hole-in-one could win a brand new Renault Clio Extreme for one lucky golfer at a golf competition on Friday June 19 at Halesworth Golf Club.
The Renault Clio, supplied by Mitchells Renault, could be driven away by the lucky golfer who gets a hole-in-one at the 11th hole - the odds of which are approximately 12,750 to one for an amateur.
Fifty teams are set to take part and as well as the chance to win the Renault Clio, prizes for hole-in-ones on some holes are up for grabs, including holidays to Portugal and France and also, fittingly, a set of golf clubs.
Proceeds from the day will go towards the East Anglian Air Ambulance which costs about �2,000 a day to run and flies an average of four missions a day with the aim of getting patients to hospital within an hour.
You may also want to watch:
A portion of the proceeds will also go to Beach Radio's Help an East Coast Child campaign.
Gary Slaymaker, organiser of the annual event, said: “We started the event six years ago and since raising modest amounts in the early days, the event has become increasingly popular.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“We nearly have the full complement of teams, but we're still hoping that local businesses, such as Mitchells, might be able to offer prizes or sponsorship. It's all for a great cause, so we'd be really pleased to hear from anyone who can help.
“I am extremely grateful to all participants and local businesses that support the event. The East Anglian Air Ambulance is a fantastic service which helps to save hundreds of lives every year.”
Matthew Huke-Jenner, Dealer Principal at Mitchells Renault, said: “We're delighted to help raise money for such a vital cause and this will be the sixth time we have participated in the event.
“The Halesworth Golf Club charity day is always a lot of fun so as well as putting the Clio up as a prize, we will be sending a team of staff to compete!”
For more information about the Renault range, visit Mitchells of Lowestoft on Long Road, Lowestoft or call 01502 500950.
For more information about sponsorship, Gary Slaymaker can be contacted on 01502 724012 or 07887 874533.