Topcroft CC announce sporting partnership with Harleston Magpies
- Credit: Archant
Topcroft Cricket Club and Harleston Magpies Hockey Club are only a matter of a few miles apart and already share a few players and supporters – now they are joining forces.
With both sports seasons complementing each other and both sports focussed on hand/eye co-ordination, the link and joint promotion of each other’s activities to attract more people playing both sports seems an ideal one.
The clubs played a friendly cricket match last year at Magpies on a temporary wicket, and the idea of a close working relationship blossomed from there.
Initially they will join forces to help promote the growth of both sport clubs and moving forward looking to establish a more permanent association for the mutual benefit to both sports.
With Topcroft CC adding a third Saturday senior side for the 2017 season, the club would welcome any new players and are hoping some new or ex-cricketers from Magpies will be interested in playing.
You may also want to watch:
Topcroft CC are also very keen to develop a girls’ cricket team and encourage more female players and are planning on running some taster training sessions at Magpies this month.
Topcroft CC chairman Rob Allen said: “We are very excited to be working in partnership with such a large and prestigious club as Harleston Magpies and look forward to developing more sporting opportunities for the local community and in particular attracting new ladies and girls to the sport.”
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Teenager given big break with weekly show on coastal radio station
Harleston Magpies commercial manager John Rowe added: “This represents an excellent opportunity to further enhance our reputation as a community club and at the same time help encourage cricket with Topcroft CC in the south Norfolk area. Although in the early stages this also dovetails well with our long-term strategy to maximise the potential on offer here at our site.
Meanwhile, Hales and Loddon Cricket Club would welcome any new players for this season. The club runs teams in the Norfolk Alliance and Norfolk League, as well as youth levels at all ages.
If you are interested in joining the club email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The new season of Norfolk Alliance and Norfolk League cricket gets under way on April 29.