Topcroft run out of overs
TOPCROFT hosted Swardeston in the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division and left themselves too much to do in the final overs.In a match sponsored by Bungay Tyre Services, James Shipley won the toss and invited Swardeston to have first use of a good-looking Topcroft wicket.
TOPCROFT hosted Swardeston in the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division and left themselves too much to do in the final overs.
In a match sponsored by Bungay Tyre Services, James Shipley won the toss and invited Swardeston to have first use of a good-looking Topcroft wicket.
With a fast outfield, conditions were conducive to quick run-scoring, as openers Walker and Cadge started brightly, racing to 64 after only 10 overs. Adam Todd deservedly took the wicket of Cadge for eight. Ian Todd continued the Topcroft fight-back, having Martin well caught by Ben Baldwin for 15, Swardeston slumping from 110-2 to 135-6. David Todd was the man to claim all four wickets in an inspired spell.
Topcroft were beginning to swing the game in their favour but Matt Hogg offered stubborn resistance in the Swardeston middle-order unbeaten on 59. Swardeston closed on 210-7.
You may also want to watch:
The Topcroft reply started at a good rate until two quick wickets checked their progress. Wright fell for 15, Hancock for 12. Gunawardene and Baldwin put on 64 for the third wicket but the game swung back in Swardeston's direction with three quick wickets - Gunawardene for 37, Shipley for four and Baldwin for 35 which left Topcroft five wickets down and still needing a further 100 for victory.
Ian Todd and Greg Rostron were both dismissed to leave Topcroft's hopes of victory fading. James Goodfellow (54 not out) again batted sensibly to keep Topcroft in the game. Batty was caught for a positive 14.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Topcroft finished on 190-8, claiming 11 points.
Cunninghams Auto's Man of the Match: David Todd.