Topcroft suffer collapse
Topcroft (5 pts) lost to Old Buckenham (24) by 141 runs in Norfolk Alliance Division One.
Old Buckenham elected to bat and Greg Rostron was soon in the wickets, with Banham caught by Matthew Goodfellow in his first over and Alexander caught behind by Hancock in his following over, which left the the host team on 21 for two.
Terry Perry and Heaney re-built the innings with a 72-run partnership before James Goodfellow removed Perry with the first of eight lbw decisions in the match.
Rob Marshall soon had the wicket of Mann to leave the score on 103 for four.
A Lawrence and Heaney looked comfortable until the introduction of David Todd, who soon trapped Heaney lbw for a well-made 52.
You may also want to watch:
With David Todd bowling tight lines, Topcroft prevented Old Buckenham from posting a large score.
After Matthew Goodfellow pulled off a sensational one-handed, diving catch at square leg to account for Lawrence off Marshall, the hosts closed on 216 all out.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
Pick of the bowlers were David Todd with three for 38 and Rob Marshall with three for 45.
Topcroft felt confident and their innings started with Hancock and Ian Todd seeing out the first 10 overs with 40 runs on the board.
However, Todd was bowled by Lawrence, and with Hancock falling lbw for 26 to Goldsmith in the next over, the Topcroft innings soon collapsed.
No other batsman was able to make double figures as the experienced Robbie Austin tied them down, bowling in tandem with T Alexander, and the visitors were dismissed for an extremely disappointing 75 in the 30th over.
The Regional Freight Services man-of-the-match was David Todd.
Topcroft will look to bounce back when they entertain Swardeston.
Old Buckenham: T Bonham c M Goodfellow b Rostrum 5, T Perry lbw J Goodfellow 28, J Alexander c Hancock b Rostrum 4, J Heaney lbw D Todd 52, B Mann lbw Marshall 3, A Lawrence c M Goodfellow b Marshall 41, J Hay c Hancock b Marshall 2, A Austin c I Todd b D Todd 21, R Austin b D Todd 10, P Goldsmith not out 19, T Alexander run out 0; extras 31. Total 216. Bowling: I Todd 4-0-22-0, G Rostrum 9-0-31-2, B Baldwin 10-0-39-0, J Goodfellow 4-0-30-1, R Marshall 12-1-45-3, D Todd 11-1-38-3.
Topcroft: C Hancock lbw Goldsmith 26, I Todd b Lawrence 9, B Baldwin lbw Lawrence 1, B Davey lbw Austin 6, J Goodfellow c Alexander b Lawrence 2, G Rostrum c Heaney b Alexander 8, M Goodfellow lbw Austin 0, R Marshall lbw Austin 5, D Todd c Mann b Austin 1, Newman b Alexander 4, G Collins not out 0; extras 13. Total 75. Bowling: A Lawrence 9-2-21-3, P Goldsmith 7-2-29-1, T Alexander 7.5-4-22-2, R Austin 6-4-3-4