Tough spell for Beccles Rugby Club continues
- Credit: Archant
Beccles’ poor run of form after a bright start to the season continued on Saturday when they crashed to a 55-5 defeat at Swaffham.
The home side had lost all four of their games before the weekend but got their campaign up and running in impressive style, with Sam Harmer’s try the only consolation for the visitors.
After winning their opening two fixtures in Eastern Counties One North Beccles have now lost three on the trot, with the Swaffham loss following defeats against North Walsham Vikings away (75-17) and Norwich Medics at home (26-15).
They have slipped to sixth position in the eight strong league as a result.
Beccles are set to take a break for the league tomorrow when they travel down to Harwich and Dovercourt for a first round tie in the Junior Vase competition.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday they face a tough trip to Diss Saracens, currently third in the league.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 9 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns