Tough test at Buckenham
Sailors at Buckenham enjoyed a challenging sail in brilliant sunshine and gusting winds on Sunday.
It was the Rockland Race, where helms choose to enter Rockland Broad by either the short or long dyke, sail across the Broad and back to the River Yare by the other dyke. Not always an easy decision.
There was some close racing which ended in victory for Jim Frost in his newly built wooden Phantom.
Second on corrected time was Mike Spencer, crewed by Sue Burrell in Natterjack and third place went to Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe sailing Javelin Big Zipper.
In the second race of the day, Natterjack finished ahead of Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick in Saphira and third place went to Pete Lumley in a Laser.
You may also want to watch:
Rockland Race: 1 Phantom (Jim Frost), 2 Natterjack (Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell), 3 Big Zipper (Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe).
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Race Two: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick), 3 Laser (Pete Lumley).