Tough test at Buckenham
Sailors at Buckenham enjoyed a challenging sail in brilliant sunshine and gusting winds on Sunday.
It was the Rockland Race, where helms choose to enter Rockland Broad by either the short or long dyke, sail across the Broad and back to the River Yare by the other dyke. Not always an easy decision.
There was some close racing which ended in victory for Jim Frost in his newly built wooden Phantom.
Second on corrected time was Mike Spencer, crewed by Sue Burrell in Natterjack and third place went to Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe sailing Javelin Big Zipper.
In the second race of the day, Natterjack finished ahead of Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick in Saphira and third place went to Pete Lumley in a Laser.
Rockland Race: 1 Phantom (Jim Frost), 2 Natterjack (Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell), 3 Big Zipper (Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe).
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
Race Two: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick), 3 Laser (Pete Lumley).