Tough test at Buckenham
Sailors at Buckenham enjoyed a challenging sail in brilliant sunshine and gusting winds on Sunday.
It was the Rockland Race, where helms choose to enter Rockland Broad by either the short or long dyke, sail across the Broad and back to the River Yare by the other dyke. Not always an easy decision.
There was some close racing which ended in victory for Jim Frost in his newly built wooden Phantom.
Second on corrected time was Mike Spencer, crewed by Sue Burrell in Natterjack and third place went to Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe sailing Javelin Big Zipper.
In the second race of the day, Natterjack finished ahead of Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick in Saphira and third place went to Pete Lumley in a Laser.
You may also want to watch:
Rockland Race: 1 Phantom (Jim Frost), 2 Natterjack (Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell), 3 Big Zipper (Chris Skedge and Chris Clitheroe).
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
Race Two: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Steve Riley and Kelly Frosdick), 3 Laser (Pete Lumley).