Tough week for Hales teams
HALES A lost to Drayton A by seven wickets in Norfolk League Division Four. Hales won the toss and made a steady start through skipper Bassingwaighte and Lindsay.
HALES A lost to Drayton A by seven wickets in Norfolk League Division Four.
Hales won the toss and made a steady start through skipper Bassingwaighte and Lindsay. Bassinghwaighte made a well-worked 22, falling in the 14th over with the score on 40.
Lindsay continued to be the rock of the innings, making a solid 33, given support from Andy Knights 22 not, Jack Cook 13 and Pete Dye 12, with Hales closing on 138 with several overs still left in their innings.
In reply, Josh Knights and Jamie Weston produced excellent opening spells with Knights bowling with real pace. These two picked up a wicket apiece and at 6-2 Hales were right on top.
You may also want to watch:
Good batting from then on saw Drayton win by three wickets but Hales' young attack kept working, and with more application with the bat that elusive win is surely not far away for a fast improving side.
Faber Roofing Man of the Match: Milton Lindsay.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
Hales Herd lost to Diss Mafia by seven wickets on Sunday in the Junior Carter Cup.
Hales' innings of 151 was based mainly around a fine 62 from Chris Andersen who looked in fine form.
He received support from Aaron Beaumont 22 and Alfie Kaye 17.
Diss passed the score in 29 overs thanks to a half-century from Spinks. Musker Mcintyre Man of the Match: Chris Andersen, class knock.
Hales U13 lost to Beccles in the Allan Bridgewater Competition. Hales got off to a good start through Ryan Claxton but lost wickets on a regular basis to a good Beccles attack.
Cieron Warnes had a good debut showing his team-mates how to bat correctly. Josh Pitcher took three wickets but Beccles ran out to a comfortable and deserved win by 60 runs. AJ Ward Butcher Man of the Match: Josh Pitcher.
Youth presentation: Due to the storms last Monday this will now take place Monday, June 22 after training at Hales green.