Tough week for Hales teams
HALES A lost to Drayton A by seven wickets in Norfolk League Division Four. Hales won the toss and made a steady start through skipper Bassingwaighte and Lindsay.
HALES A lost to Drayton A by seven wickets in Norfolk League Division Four.
Hales won the toss and made a steady start through skipper Bassingwaighte and Lindsay. Bassinghwaighte made a well-worked 22, falling in the 14th over with the score on 40.
Lindsay continued to be the rock of the innings, making a solid 33, given support from Andy Knights 22 not, Jack Cook 13 and Pete Dye 12, with Hales closing on 138 with several overs still left in their innings.
In reply, Josh Knights and Jamie Weston produced excellent opening spells with Knights bowling with real pace. These two picked up a wicket apiece and at 6-2 Hales were right on top.
Good batting from then on saw Drayton win by three wickets but Hales' young attack kept working, and with more application with the bat that elusive win is surely not far away for a fast improving side.
Faber Roofing Man of the Match: Milton Lindsay.
- 1 Town start season with home win
- 2 Is size the secret of south Norfolk's 'up and coming' village?
- 3 Imaginations soar as popular sculpture trail returns
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 6 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 7 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Roll-out of free Wi-Fi continues in east Suffolk
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
Hales Herd lost to Diss Mafia by seven wickets on Sunday in the Junior Carter Cup.
Hales' innings of 151 was based mainly around a fine 62 from Chris Andersen who looked in fine form.
He received support from Aaron Beaumont 22 and Alfie Kaye 17.
Diss passed the score in 29 overs thanks to a half-century from Spinks. Musker Mcintyre Man of the Match: Chris Andersen, class knock.
Hales U13 lost to Beccles in the Allan Bridgewater Competition. Hales got off to a good start through Ryan Claxton but lost wickets on a regular basis to a good Beccles attack.
Cieron Warnes had a good debut showing his team-mates how to bat correctly. Josh Pitcher took three wickets but Beccles ran out to a comfortable and deserved win by 60 runs. AJ Ward Butcher Man of the Match: Josh Pitcher.
Youth presentation: Due to the storms last Monday this will now take place Monday, June 22 after training at Hales green.