Trophy joy for Ben at Bungay GC
Bungay and Waveney Valley GOLF CLUB Paddy Glasheen Trophy: Junior golfers, both boys and girls, entered the 18-hole and two 10-hole events and produced some good scores.
Bungay and Waveney Valley GOLF CLUB
Paddy Glasheen Trophy: Junior golfers, both boys and girls, entered the 18-hole and two 10-hole events and produced some good scores.
Ben Tipple had an excellent round to see him win his second trophy this season and in the 10-hole competitions, Jake Prettyman had his first win and in the other section Tom Sergeant was the winner.
You may also want to watch:
18 Holes for Trophy: 1 B Tipple 40 points, 2 O Earl 38, 3 N Randlesome 38, 4 S Hubbard 36.
10 Holes Division Two: 1 J Prettyman 26, 2 S Bingham 22, 3 R Sergeant 22.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
10 Holes Division Three: 1 T Sergeant 37, 2 M Bailey 28, 3 L Hansey 26.
Dinner dance: Captain Lenny Bird hosted the traditional dinner dance on Saturday. Club captain and lady captain Penelope Adams opened the evening with the first dance to the Alibi band. An excellent buffet meal was enjoyed by all.
The following day the Bader Cup competition was played and was won by Liz Jeary and George Ling who will go forward to the next round at Ely.
On Monday and Tuesday the Mrs Keith Harrison Cup was played and the two-day competition was won by Sylvia Sibthorpe - the lady captain congratulated her and thanked everyone who took part.
Hodgson Silver Salver (bogey/par competition) played on August 1.
Division One: 1 Nick Butcher (12) 7, 2 Neil Moores (12) 1 (ocb), 3 Ben Beaugeard (9) 1 (ocb).
Division Two: 1 Roger Walton (16) 4, 2 Bryan Mills (16) 1 (ocb), 3 Justin Taylor (16) 1 (ocb).
Kathleen Bowerbank Salver
The Kathleen Bowerbank Salver, an 18-hole stableford for handicaps 21-36, was played on Tuesday, August 3 and was won by Anne Lewis with 39 points.
The results were: 1 Anne Lewis (30) 49pts, 2 Jan Sherman (25) 38, 3 Frances Wilson (26) 37, 4 Ann Jones (35) 36, 5 Melanie Dodd (27) 35.