Trophy time at Barsham
BARSHAM held its annual presentation evening at The Butchers Arms.A race night was organised and an excellent time was had by all the players and their friends who attended.
BARSHAM held its annual presentation evening at The Butchers Arms.
A race night was organised and an excellent time was had by all the players and their friends who attended. A lovely hot and cold buffet was kindly supplied by Ian at The Butchers and Philip Reeder organised a raffle with Alex Godrey winning the top prize of the evening.
The Barsham player of the season awards were presented, players' player of the season was won by Nick Holmes, the manager's player of the season was won jointly by captain fantastic Tim Roberts and utility player Paul Turner.
The Bob Sale Memorial Cup for dedicated services was presented to Keith Hudson. The award for the most comical moment of the season was won by Philip Reeder.
You may also want to watch:
The club unveiled the new Barsham FC training tops, Mark Blades, Philip Reeder and Keith Hudson all being presented with the new tops which will be available for all players soon.
Tuesday night training sessions have been very well attended; friendlies against local opposition are now being played each week until the season starts.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The previous week club president Denis (aka Henry) was taken to Portman Road, Ipswich where he was presented with a FA Gold Award in the Bobby Robson Suite at the Suffolk FA Annual Award ceremony.
An excellent evening of fun that also raised some funds for the club, thanks to all who attended.