Trophy time for Godric riders
Fifty members and friends from the Godric CC were welcomed to the club dinner and prize presentation at Bungay Golf Club by the chairman Graham May.The main guests were John Warnes and his wife Betty, deputy mayor and mayoress of Bungay.
Fifty members and friends from the Godric CC were welcomed to the club dinner and prize presentation at Bungay Golf Club by the chairman Graham May.
The main guests were John Warnes and his wife Betty, deputy mayor and mayoress of Bungay.
The main speaker was Trever Mayne and his wife Gez. Trevor was a member of the Godric CC but now lives in the Sheffield area and is a member of the Birdwell Wheelers.
He said as a boy he was not very good at cycling but he carried on riding his mountain bike, and as he approached 40 he thought he would give time trialing another go. And he is now the North Midlands Cycling Federation Senior Best All-Rounder, Best All-Rounder Veterans and 19th in the British BAR. His messsage was: “Never give up, it is never too late.”
You may also want to watch:
Warne thanked the club for inviting him and his wife to the dinner - organised by Margaret Sheppard - where they had enjoyed a excellent meal, in good company with members of the club, CC Breckland, Norwich ABC, East Anglian CC, and friends.
Trever then presented the awards.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Margaret Sheppard and John Pugh were presented with Life Membership certificates (pictured) for their work over the past 50 years.
Presentations - Gong Trophy and Graham May School Cup for work for the club timing and marshalling - Harmony Elmy; Junior Hill climb champion and Ride of the Year for her 1st in her age group in the National Hill Climb Championship - Harriet Hudspith.
President's Trophy, Club Run Attendance - Geoff Mayne. Edna Wigby Rose Bowl Best Club Member of the Year - Geoff Banham.
Hill Climb and Roller Champ and Fastest 25 mile time-trial of the year - Mick Hudspith. Fastest 10-mile time trial of the year, Evening events Trophy, Lowest points in Handicap events the Jubilee Trophy, Silver Leaf Trophy most points on a participation basis - Mark Elmy.
Coles Trophy Club 50 mile Champ, George King Trophy 50-mile handicap Champ, Golden Anniversary Trophy best 50 on Vet Standard, Banham Trophy Best vet on Standard at 10 & 25 miles - Jim Caplin. Two-up Trophy - Jim Caplin and Adrian Perkin.