Trophy time for Godric riders
Fifty members and friends from the Godric CC were welcomed to the club dinner and prize presentation at Bungay Golf Club by the chairman Graham May.The main guests were John Warnes and his wife Betty, deputy mayor and mayoress of Bungay.
Fifty members and friends from the Godric CC were welcomed to the club dinner and prize presentation at Bungay Golf Club by the chairman Graham May.
The main guests were John Warnes and his wife Betty, deputy mayor and mayoress of Bungay.
The main speaker was Trever Mayne and his wife Gez. Trevor was a member of the Godric CC but now lives in the Sheffield area and is a member of the Birdwell Wheelers.
He said as a boy he was not very good at cycling but he carried on riding his mountain bike, and as he approached 40 he thought he would give time trialing another go. And he is now the North Midlands Cycling Federation Senior Best All-Rounder, Best All-Rounder Veterans and 19th in the British BAR. His messsage was: “Never give up, it is never too late.”
You may also want to watch:
Warne thanked the club for inviting him and his wife to the dinner - organised by Margaret Sheppard - where they had enjoyed a excellent meal, in good company with members of the club, CC Breckland, Norwich ABC, East Anglian CC, and friends.
Trever then presented the awards.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
Margaret Sheppard and John Pugh were presented with Life Membership certificates (pictured) for their work over the past 50 years.
Presentations - Gong Trophy and Graham May School Cup for work for the club timing and marshalling - Harmony Elmy; Junior Hill climb champion and Ride of the Year for her 1st in her age group in the National Hill Climb Championship - Harriet Hudspith.
President's Trophy, Club Run Attendance - Geoff Mayne. Edna Wigby Rose Bowl Best Club Member of the Year - Geoff Banham.
Hill Climb and Roller Champ and Fastest 25 mile time-trial of the year - Mick Hudspith. Fastest 10-mile time trial of the year, Evening events Trophy, Lowest points in Handicap events the Jubilee Trophy, Silver Leaf Trophy most points on a participation basis - Mark Elmy.
Coles Trophy Club 50 mile Champ, George King Trophy 50-mile handicap Champ, Golden Anniversary Trophy best 50 on Vet Standard, Banham Trophy Best vet on Standard at 10 & 25 miles - Jim Caplin. Two-up Trophy - Jim Caplin and Adrian Perkin.