Walding walks off with trophy
ON Saturday a large field, including guests, took part in the Captain's Cup at Beccles Golf Club.Thirty-seven members and three guests enjoyed the lovely conditions.
ON Saturday a large field, including guests, took part in the Captain's Cup at Beccles Golf Club.
Thirty-seven members and three guests enjoyed the lovely conditions.
There were several prizes up for grabs with nearest the pin on the 1st/10th Christian Lever, 2nd/11th Rod Green, 8th/17th Richard Grieve and 9th/18th with second shot Steve McWilton.
The guests' competition was won by Steve Brown. In the main competition the prizes went back to 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Taking the prize for the highest score Graham Kitching, third place Craig Gill 75-12-63, second place Rod Cooper 92-29-63 and taking the Captain's Cup was Ron Walding 78-20-58.
Club captain Willy White thanked secretary Alan Ereira and Ladies' Captain Sam Cooper for getting up at the crack of dawn to prepare and cut the greens, David Wells for his help clearing the water off the ninth on Friday evening and finally Sue Edwards for the refreshments.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
This weekend sees the Seniors Cup tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday Medal the following day.