Walding walks off with trophy
ON Saturday a large field, including guests, took part in the Captain's Cup at Beccles Golf Club.Thirty-seven members and three guests enjoyed the lovely conditions.
ON Saturday a large field, including guests, took part in the Captain's Cup at Beccles Golf Club.
Thirty-seven members and three guests enjoyed the lovely conditions.
There were several prizes up for grabs with nearest the pin on the 1st/10th Christian Lever, 2nd/11th Rod Green, 8th/17th Richard Grieve and 9th/18th with second shot Steve McWilton.
The guests' competition was won by Steve Brown. In the main competition the prizes went back to 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Taking the prize for the highest score Graham Kitching, third place Craig Gill 75-12-63, second place Rod Cooper 92-29-63 and taking the Captain's Cup was Ron Walding 78-20-58.
Club captain Willy White thanked secretary Alan Ereira and Ladies' Captain Sam Cooper for getting up at the crack of dawn to prepare and cut the greens, David Wells for his help clearing the water off the ninth on Friday evening and finally Sue Edwards for the refreshments.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home
This weekend sees the Seniors Cup tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday Medal the following day.