Waveney Valley AC runner reaches her target for Diabetes UK
- Credit: Archant
Waveney Valley AC member Kirsty Howe competed in the Brightlingsea Marathon in November last year and achieved a time of 6:21.17.
Not only was it her first marathon, it was also the start of her 12 half marathons (or longer) in 12 months challenge to raise funds for Diabetes UK.
With the help of her friends and club-mates Mark Smith and Rosie Arnevet, she completed her challenge in style in October this year by running in the Great Barrow Challenge event, a distance of 19.75 miles.
Kirsty's other 10 events were Ringland Half, Vitality Big Half, London Landmarks Half, Norwich Half, Bungay Half, High Lodge Half, Yarmouth Half, Clacton Half, Bedford Half and Northampton Half.
The 2019 annual general meeting for Waveney Valley AC will be held on Friday, November 29 at 7.30pm. The meeting will be held at Uplands Community Centre, Ashburnham Way, Carlton Colville, Lowestoft NR33 8LJ. Tea and coffee will be provided at a suitable time during the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Provisional agenda items: Previous AGM minutes, proposed new committee role of Chief Marshall, club subscription fees for coming year, committee re-election, presentation of the clubs financial accounts, chairperson's report and open forum*.
Vacancies: Chairperson, Social Media Rep, Road Race Co-ordinator, Senior Membership Secretary, Cross Country Co-ordinator. All the above are committee roles.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Any business which would like to be raised on the agenda must be given in writing to the Secretary Mike Illingsworth, 18 Oulton Street, Oulton, Lowestoft NR32 3BB at least 10 days (November 19) before the AGM as per the club's constitution.