Waveney Valley AC runner reaches her target for Diabetes UK
- Credit: Archant
Waveney Valley AC member Kirsty Howe competed in the Brightlingsea Marathon in November last year and achieved a time of 6:21.17.
Not only was it her first marathon, it was also the start of her 12 half marathons (or longer) in 12 months challenge to raise funds for Diabetes UK.
With the help of her friends and club-mates Mark Smith and Rosie Arnevet, she completed her challenge in style in October this year by running in the Great Barrow Challenge event, a distance of 19.75 miles.
Kirsty's other 10 events were Ringland Half, Vitality Big Half, London Landmarks Half, Norwich Half, Bungay Half, High Lodge Half, Yarmouth Half, Clacton Half, Bedford Half and Northampton Half.
The 2019 annual general meeting for Waveney Valley AC will be held on Friday, November 29 at 7.30pm. The meeting will be held at Uplands Community Centre, Ashburnham Way, Carlton Colville, Lowestoft NR33 8LJ. Tea and coffee will be provided at a suitable time during the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Provisional agenda items: Previous AGM minutes, proposed new committee role of Chief Marshall, club subscription fees for coming year, committee re-election, presentation of the clubs financial accounts, chairperson's report and open forum*.
Vacancies: Chairperson, Social Media Rep, Road Race Co-ordinator, Senior Membership Secretary, Cross Country Co-ordinator. All the above are committee roles.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 7 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
Any business which would like to be raised on the agenda must be given in writing to the Secretary Mike Illingsworth, 18 Oulton Street, Oulton, Lowestoft NR32 3BB at least 10 days (November 19) before the AGM as per the club's constitution.