THE Inaugural Bambino Kart Club meeting was held at Buckmore Park Karting circuit this week. The Bambino class is for children aged six to eight to give children their first taste of real wheel-to-wheel racing.
THE Inaugural Bambino Kart Club meeting was held at Buckmore Park Karting circuit this week. The Bambino class is for children aged six to eight to give children their first taste of real wheel-to- wheel racing.
The karts used a half adult size with a 50cc two-stoke Comer engine.
Mark Phelps lives in Beccles, and attends Ringsfield Primary School. He started driving an electric trike before he could walk, and then moved up to a quad bike at three-years-old and at five to an off road kart.
In the past year he has been attending the Bambino Club at Buckmore Park, and having passing all the lessons took part in his first-ever Bambino race.
You may also want to watch:
There where two races on the day. In race one Mark started from the back of the grid and moved through the field to take second place at the end of the race, with a total race time of 3mins 5secs.
In race two Mark started from the front and stayed there, lapping back markers before taking the chequered flag.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Mark completed the day with 47 points leaving him leading the club championship and the overall winner on the day. Mark will be moving up to cadet karts next month and will be competing at Ellough Park Raceway, and Redlodge, with his team-mate Ron Hirst. Both are looking for sponsorship for next season.