White claims cup win
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf. His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64).
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf.
His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64). Chris Peach was third on 80-15-65.
As the club captain had won the trophy, it fell to the club secretary Brian Lever to perform the presentation and he began by insisting on naming the fourth-placed player, namely himself (78-12-66).
He thanked Bert for the refreshments before presenting the huge trophy to the winner.
On Sunday, June 21 a small field contested the Sunday stableford which was won by ladies' captain Sam Cooper with 43 points earning her a 1.5 shot handicap cut.
Grant Bartlett's countback over Syer Shulver earned him the runner-up spot, both scoring 39 points.On Saturday, June 27 Ladies' Captain's Day will see a three clubs plus putter event off the yellow tees, teeing off at 8am.
- 1 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 4 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 5 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Obituary: 'Bobby-on-the-beat' who was quick on his feet dies aged 86
- 7 Supermarket bids for earlier opening time 'to serve community for longer'
- 8 Flog It! star officially opens school's specialist centre
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
Pictured are Brian Lever presenting the Barnby Swan Cup to winner club captain Willie White.