White claims cup win
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf. His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64).
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf.
His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64). Chris Peach was third on 80-15-65.
As the club captain had won the trophy, it fell to the club secretary Brian Lever to perform the presentation and he began by insisting on naming the fourth-placed player, namely himself (78-12-66).
He thanked Bert for the refreshments before presenting the huge trophy to the winner.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, June 21 a small field contested the Sunday stableford which was won by ladies' captain Sam Cooper with 43 points earning her a 1.5 shot handicap cut.
Grant Bartlett's countback over Syer Shulver earned him the runner-up spot, both scoring 39 points.On Saturday, June 27 Ladies' Captain's Day will see a three clubs plus putter event off the yellow tees, teeing off at 8am.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Pictured are Brian Lever presenting the Barnby Swan Cup to winner club captain Willie White.