White claims cup win
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf. His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64).
Beccles Golf Club captain Willie White claimed the impressive Barnby Swan Cup on Saturday, June 20 with an impressive round of golf.
His score of 81-19-62 earned him the trophy two shots clear of runner-up Bob Janney (86-22-64). Chris Peach was third on 80-15-65.
As the club captain had won the trophy, it fell to the club secretary Brian Lever to perform the presentation and he began by insisting on naming the fourth-placed player, namely himself (78-12-66).
He thanked Bert for the refreshments before presenting the huge trophy to the winner.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, June 21 a small field contested the Sunday stableford which was won by ladies' captain Sam Cooper with 43 points earning her a 1.5 shot handicap cut.
Grant Bartlett's countback over Syer Shulver earned him the runner-up spot, both scoring 39 points.On Saturday, June 27 Ladies' Captain's Day will see a three clubs plus putter event off the yellow tees, teeing off at 8am.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'Keep Southwold Safe' - New signage to support lockdown easing
Pictured are Brian Lever presenting the Barnby Swan Cup to winner club captain Willie White.