Win and a draw from Beccles U12s trip to Diss
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Under 12s rugby team enjoyed another super day on the field.
With a couple of clubs not turning up at Diss, the team had just the two outings.
Diss, first up, were no match for Beccles’ fast developing lads, as some super hands, pace and power saw the visitors run in a rapid 12 tries, and conceding one.
After a 10-minute break Beccles then faced Swaffham in a titanic clash. After a slow start the Beccles lads stormed back in the second half to lead 4-2, but two late tries from the opposition saw a draw 4-4.
Lots of lessons were learned from the day, both in positive performances, and a few development areas that will be worked on prior to Beccles’ next outing at Norwich on April 23.
You may also want to watch:
Training is this Thursday as usual, but it is a day off on Sunday.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles