Winners net awards at Bungay club’s special night
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Tennis Club held its annual presentation night and quiz at the Maltings Pavilion on Saturday.
Club chairman Ian Forder presented the trophies to the tournament winners and also the chairman’s award for the person making the greatest contribution to the club. That went to club captain Juliet Whyte.
Awards: Men’s singles, Jack Frost; Men’s doubles, Jack Frost and Ian Kimber; Ladies doubles, Lauren and Kirsten Howe; Mixed doubles, Lauren Howe and Paul Cunningham; most improved player, Jordan Algar.
Seven teams took part in a quiz, which was won by the team from Saxmundham. The evening included a buffet and a raffle and raised more than £200 for club funds.
The club plays throughout the winter, on Mondays (from 7.30pm) and Saturdays (10am-12.30pm), with junior session from 6.30-7.30pm on Monday and 12.30-2.30pm on Saturdays, at the Maltings Meadow floodlit courts.
You may also want to watch:
New members of all ages are always welcome.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed