Winners net awards at Bungay club’s special night
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Tennis Club held its annual presentation night and quiz at the Maltings Pavilion on Saturday.
Club chairman Ian Forder presented the trophies to the tournament winners and also the chairman’s award for the person making the greatest contribution to the club. That went to club captain Juliet Whyte.
Awards: Men’s singles, Jack Frost; Men’s doubles, Jack Frost and Ian Kimber; Ladies doubles, Lauren and Kirsten Howe; Mixed doubles, Lauren Howe and Paul Cunningham; most improved player, Jordan Algar.
Seven teams took part in a quiz, which was won by the team from Saxmundham. The evening included a buffet and a raffle and raised more than £200 for club funds.
The club plays throughout the winter, on Mondays (from 7.30pm) and Saturdays (10am-12.30pm), with junior session from 6.30-7.30pm on Monday and 12.30-2.30pm on Saturdays, at the Maltings Meadow floodlit courts.
You may also want to watch:
New members of all ages are always welcome.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion