Winners net awards at Bungay club’s special night
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Tennis Club held its annual presentation night and quiz at the Maltings Pavilion on Saturday.
Club chairman Ian Forder presented the trophies to the tournament winners and also the chairman’s award for the person making the greatest contribution to the club. That went to club captain Juliet Whyte.
Awards: Men’s singles, Jack Frost; Men’s doubles, Jack Frost and Ian Kimber; Ladies doubles, Lauren and Kirsten Howe; Mixed doubles, Lauren Howe and Paul Cunningham; most improved player, Jordan Algar.
Seven teams took part in a quiz, which was won by the team from Saxmundham. The evening included a buffet and a raffle and raised more than £200 for club funds.
The club plays throughout the winter, on Mondays (from 7.30pm) and Saturdays (10am-12.30pm), with junior session from 6.30-7.30pm on Monday and 12.30-2.30pm on Saturdays, at the Maltings Meadow floodlit courts.
You may also want to watch:
New members of all ages are always welcome.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing