Winning start for Beccles
Beccles 27, Lowestoft & Yarmouth 3BECCLES RFCwon their first home league game of the season. In a hard-fought encounter Beccles scored three tries and moved to the top of London Division 3 North-East.
Beccles 27, Lowestoft & Yarmouth 3
BECCLES RFCwon their first home league game of the season. In a hard-fought encounter Beccles scored three tries and moved to the top of London Division 3 North-East.
Beccles made two changes with Hall coming in for Porter and Murray starting in place of Veasey-Lark.
The first 15 minutes were well-contested with few scoring opportunities. Beccles began to get the upper hand and thought they had scored.
You may also want to watch:
Wade chipped into the corner and Hoffman won the race to touch down. However, the linesman ruled that the ball was in touch and the try was disallowed. Beccles took the lead with a Wade penalty soon after.
Lowestoft equalised with a penalty before Beccles started to dominate. They gave away a lot of weight in the pack but the forwards battled well and didn't let the opposition dominate them in the scrum.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
Hinsley and Hall won a lot of ball in the loose. Hall was made the Musker McIntyre man of the match.
Beccles recycled the ball well from one side of the pitch to the other to Paul Wilson who crashed over to score (converted Wade) for 13-3.
In the second half. Lake carried the ball well and off-loaded for Sale to sprint to touch down (converted Wade).
With Rob Wilson in the sin bin the seven-man Beccles pack survived four scrums on their own line without being driven over. On the fourth the ball went loose. Williamson hacked on and Rowney showed outstanding pace to hack the ball on again and overtake the Lowestoft defence to score. Wade added a simple conversion.
Beccles travel to Basildon tomorrow looking to maintain their winning start to the season.