Worlingham bowler shines in England colours
- Credit: Archant
Louise Catchpole the Worlingham bowler, who plays locally for Beccles Town Bowls Club, helped the England Blue team to victory in the Home Internationals Series.
Louise, making her debut for the England Ladies Under 25 team, travelled to Ballymena, Northern Ireland and came away undefeated having represented England playing number three in the fours.
Her first game was against Wales White where after a difficult start England slowly pulled away for six-shot victory.
Louise was playing with Cassidy Lenton (Devon), Jody Clinch (Kent) and Kirsty Hembro (Somerset), all of whom had played for England before. The four quickly gelled into a formidable rink which was shown by their play the following day.
Against Scotland, the England quartet took total control of the game and ran out winners by eight shots. The afternoon game brought them up against Ireland, which turned out to be the English girls’ highest winning score of the series, 17 shots.
You may also want to watch:
To win the series the English team had to win their final game against the Welsh and this turned out to be a nail-biting affair. Louise’s rink came out with a victory of seven shots, the other three English rinks lost one, won one and drew the other. This left the England blue team level with Scotland on points but England won the Series by having a higher shot difference.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay