Worlingham bowler shines in England colours
- Credit: Archant
Louise Catchpole the Worlingham bowler, who plays locally for Beccles Town Bowls Club, helped the England Blue team to victory in the Home Internationals Series.
Louise, making her debut for the England Ladies Under 25 team, travelled to Ballymena, Northern Ireland and came away undefeated having represented England playing number three in the fours.
Her first game was against Wales White where after a difficult start England slowly pulled away for six-shot victory.
Louise was playing with Cassidy Lenton (Devon), Jody Clinch (Kent) and Kirsty Hembro (Somerset), all of whom had played for England before. The four quickly gelled into a formidable rink which was shown by their play the following day.
Against Scotland, the England quartet took total control of the game and ran out winners by eight shots. The afternoon game brought them up against Ireland, which turned out to be the English girls’ highest winning score of the series, 17 shots.
You may also want to watch:
To win the series the English team had to win their final game against the Welsh and this turned out to be a nail-biting affair. Louise’s rink came out with a victory of seven shots, the other three English rinks lost one, won one and drew the other. This left the England blue team level with Scotland on points but England won the Series by having a higher shot difference.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads