Young Wasps so proud
St Benets Wasps U8A proudly showing off their new sponsored jackets supplied by Tony Payne of Lowestoft Polishing.Back row left to right: Mark Elmore, Sam, Robson, Tony Payne, Ronan, James, Mark O'Donnell; front: Daniel, Harry, George.
St Benets Wasps U8A proudly showing off their new sponsored jackets supplied by Tony Payne of Lowestoft Polishing.
Back row left to right: Mark Elmore, Sam, Robson, Tony Payne, Ronan, James, Mark O'Donnell; front: Daniel, Harry, George.
The team played Kirkley & Pakefield B in a highly exciting and entertaining U8 match. Wasps started slightly the stronger and made some pressing runs in the K&P half.
Pakefield soon found their feet and the game opened up into a real end-to-end battle. Robson, commanding his goal area, was called upon to race out of his area to clear. Ronan and Sam played solidly at the back and chose to pass the ball from the back to start attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel and Harry battled strongly in the middle of the park and up front, and were unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. But George and James did.
George opened the scoring and James added four more. Ronan swapped places with Robson in the second half and pulled off some fine saves.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
All the boys had a great game with some excellent defending and attacking displays.
For such a good display it would have been unfair for any team to win, which was why the 5-5 draw was a fair result.