Youngster competing with best of British
Ronan Hirst is looking forward to an exciting 2011 after a successful debut season in the National Karting Championship.
Hirst, 11, from Broome near Bungay, finished 14th in the British Championship, gaining a cherished seeded number.
Highlights of 2010 for the Hobart High School pupil included a fourth place in the pouring rain in Scotland, where actor Robbie Coltrane was among the spectators.
A low point came in the next race as his father, David, made the wrong tyre choice in drying conditions and he finished 20th.
Hirst thanked his sponsors Harleston Engineering and Integra Contracts for their support during his rookie National Karting Championship year.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston Engineering have looked after his kart chassis and supplied nuts, bolts and all manner of fixings during the campaign. Harleston Engineering’s Daniel Snowling presented Ronan with a cheque to help kick start his 2011 season as he challenges again for the Honda Cadet British Championship.
Integra Contracts have supplied trackside awning space and provided Hirst’s racewear and managing director Warren McCarthy was thanked for his help and support.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
Hirst continues to look for local sponsors who can help him in his quest for honours in the 2011 British Championship, which will be broadcast on Motors TV.
Anyone wishing to provide sponsorship should contact David Hirst on 07789 965904.