Youngster competing with best of British
Ronan Hirst is looking forward to an exciting 2011 after a successful debut season in the National Karting Championship.
Hirst, 11, from Broome near Bungay, finished 14th in the British Championship, gaining a cherished seeded number.
Highlights of 2010 for the Hobart High School pupil included a fourth place in the pouring rain in Scotland, where actor Robbie Coltrane was among the spectators.
A low point came in the next race as his father, David, made the wrong tyre choice in drying conditions and he finished 20th.
Hirst thanked his sponsors Harleston Engineering and Integra Contracts for their support during his rookie National Karting Championship year.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston Engineering have looked after his kart chassis and supplied nuts, bolts and all manner of fixings during the campaign. Harleston Engineering’s Daniel Snowling presented Ronan with a cheque to help kick start his 2011 season as he challenges again for the Honda Cadet British Championship.
Integra Contracts have supplied trackside awning space and provided Hirst’s racewear and managing director Warren McCarthy was thanked for his help and support.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
Hirst continues to look for local sponsors who can help him in his quest for honours in the 2011 British Championship, which will be broadcast on Motors TV.
Anyone wishing to provide sponsorship should contact David Hirst on 07789 965904.