A Christmas Carol at the Fisher Theatre
- Credit: Archant © 2010
In amongst the tinsel, consumerism and Christmas fare, The Old Time Radio Club are presenting Charles Dickens classic Christmas novel “A Christmas Carol” as a radio play at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay for Christmas.
The group performs classic radio drama under strict “broadcast” conditions using actors voicing multiple parts, with live sound-effects, live music, jingle singers and real adverts from the period and have been described as “The Archers meets the Blair Witch Project”.
They promise to “wonderfully evoke the sentiments of the original novel” which is largely credited with restoring the Christmas season as one of merriment and festivities.
The group will be appearing at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay this Sunday, December 14, with a showing at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available for £8 each (£7 concessions) and can be purchased by calling the theatre on 01986 897130 or online at www.fishertheatre.org
You may also want to watch:
For further information, please visit www.oldtimeradioclub.co.uk or www.Facebook.com/OldTimeRadioClub
• The show is also being performed at the Players Theatre, The Bethel, Whapload Road, Lowestoft on Monday, December 15.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 3 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
• This evening the group will be performing the play at Burgh St Peter Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £6 in advance or £7 on the door and can be booked by telephoning 01502 589726.