A story of Betrayal on stage in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Local theatre group Foolhardy Actors Company will present its first drama of 2016, Harold Pinter’s brilliant and enthralling Betrayal, at Beccles Public Hall on March 10 at 7.30pm.
This production follows their acclaimed production of Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale.
Foolhardy co-founder and producer Sharn McDonald said: “On the surface, Betrayal is about an affair but as with all Pinter’s plays, there is so much more going on.
“The Winter’s Tale was a huge production for us, Betrayal is much smaller in scale but no less vast in the scope and range of its emotions.
“We want to produce work that challenges us and forces us to continually raise our game”..
You may also want to watch:
Director Will Isgrove said Betrayal was probably Pinter’s most accessible work and is a great introduction to his style and themes.
“The dynamics between the characters are so well observed. We’re very lucky to have such a talented cast to tackle this,” he said. “It’s about how our loves and our losses build up and warp over the years, and about how complex life can become. It’s really insightful but also incredibly funny and engaging.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
Foolhardy was set up in 2012 and has quickly developed a reputation for producing theatre of the highest standard.
It has also delivered drama sessions for young people in foster care and produced a season of plays to raise awareness of mental health issues.
Tickets priced at £8 or £6 for concessions are available from 01502 770060, www.becclespublichall.com or the box office open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm.