Classic Agatha Christie thriller comes to Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A classic Agatha Christie tale of murder and ingenuity will soon be gracing the stage at Beccles Public Hall.
‘A Murder is Announced’ will appear in the town from Thursday, May 24, to Friday May 25.
The performance the Bungay Theatre Group has staged its spring production in Beccles.
In the play the villagers of Chipping Cleghorn are agog with curiosity over an advertisement in the local Gazette which reads ‘A murder is announced and will take place on Friday, October 5, at Little Paddocks at 6.30pm. Friends please accept this, the only intimation.’
What follows is a classic Christie puzzle of mixed motives, concealed identities, a second death, a determined Inspector grimly following the twists and turns, and Miss Marple on hand to provide the final solution in a dramatic confrontation just before the final curtain. There is no shortage of suspects or motives.
You may also want to watch:
The performances will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £8, concession £7, and can be obtained from the Public Hall box office on 01502 770 060 or www.becclespublichall.org.uk
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed