Classic Agatha Christie thriller comes to Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A classic Agatha Christie tale of murder and ingenuity will soon be gracing the stage at Beccles Public Hall.
‘A Murder is Announced’ will appear in the town from Thursday, May 24, to Friday May 25.
The performance the Bungay Theatre Group has staged its spring production in Beccles.
In the play the villagers of Chipping Cleghorn are agog with curiosity over an advertisement in the local Gazette which reads ‘A murder is announced and will take place on Friday, October 5, at Little Paddocks at 6.30pm. Friends please accept this, the only intimation.’
What follows is a classic Christie puzzle of mixed motives, concealed identities, a second death, a determined Inspector grimly following the twists and turns, and Miss Marple on hand to provide the final solution in a dramatic confrontation just before the final curtain. There is no shortage of suspects or motives.
You may also want to watch:
The performances will begin at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £8, concession £7, and can be obtained from the Public Hall box office on 01502 770 060 or www.becclespublichall.org.uk
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town