Another Eclectic mix from singer Reg Webb at Milestones Jazz Club
- Credit: Ann Webb
The next concert at Milestones Jazz Club on Sunday, May 7, heralds the return of a long time club favourite - The Reg Webb Trio.
Reg Webb is one of the most respected figures on the East Anglian music scene who makes no apology for his eclectic mixture of styles and influences.
A charismatic and intensely soulful singer and keyboard player, Reg Webb is an accomplished musician and one of the most popular singers to appear at Milestones over the last fifteen years, fusing anything from standards by Duke Ellington, the modernism of Herbie Hancock to the grooves of Stevie Wonder or Steely Dan.
Mr Webb said: “We call it jazz because people need a label. We’d rather just call it music.
“When we say the music is accessible, we don’t mean that it’s watered-down elevator music.”
You may also want to watch:
He has worked with established names as diverse as John McLaughlin, Shirley Bassey, Lenny Kravitz, Jimmy Witherspoon, Joe Pass, Art Farmer and Roland Kirk, but it is with his own simmering mix of modern jazz - standards, blues and full blooded electric fusion - that he enjoys himself the most.
As well as Reg’s adventurous keyboard work and wonderfully expressive voice, reminiscent of a cross between Stevie Wonder and the classic jazz vocalists, the trio also features bassist Andy Staples and Reg’s long-time sparring partner from The 3 B’s, Andrew Dowding on drums.
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
The trio will be performing standards and originals, a number of songs from Reg’s CD with The 3 B’s, ‘Blind, Black and Breathless’, and one or two newer pieces.
The band’s full line-up features Reg Webb (vocals/keyboards), Andy Staples (bass) and Andrew Dowding (drums).
Listen to the music of Reg Webb by visiting www.milestonesjazzclub.co.uk
All Milestones gigs are held on the first Sunday of every month and take place at Hotel Hatfield, Esplanade, Lowestoft with the doors opening at 8pm.
Admission - £7 / £6 (concession).
Milestones Jazz Club takes place in a basement room that requires the use of stairs. If you have a disability contact email@example.com or 01502 568684 for more info and help in entering the building.