Antiques street markets at Halesworth and Beccles on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Mark Whistler and Philip Stone, from Durrants Auctioneers will be going head to head in the Beccles version of Bargain Hunt at the Beccles Antiques Market on Sunday.
Durrants will be match funding the £100 that Kate Lee and Christine Pinsent, the organisers of the market, donate to help raise money for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital’s Targeted Radiotherapy Appeal.
The items bought by them on the day will be auctioned at Durrants and all profits raised will go to the charity.
The antiques fair kicks off at 8am in Beccles town centre and Hungate car park, with more than 100 stalls booked.
Both general and specialist dealers will be selling a variety of furniture, silver, china, textiles, jewellery, books, clocks, clothing, retro and vintage design and decorative items. Entry is free and it ends at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile over at Halesworth, the town is also staging its annual antiques market on Sunday for the 21st year.
After the previous team stepped down the Halesworth Tourism Group have taken on the event, with hopes of raising significant funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
The action gets underway at 10am catering for all interests including jewellery, furniture, paintings and small collectables.
In the past the fair has focused on the Thoroughfare, but for the first time it will be extended to the Market Place.
Many of the town’s shops and all its cafes and pubs will be open all day.
It finishes at 4pm. For information visit www.halesworthantiquesmarket.wordpress.com