Artists ready for annual Beccles exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The annual exhibition by the Beccles Society of Artists will be launching in the town tomorrow.
The exhibition will be staged at Beccles Public Hall and runs until Saturday, August 8.
Colin Blake is one of the many artists taking part, and work on display will include his detailed watercolour study of Beccles Railway Station before its current refurbishment, called Trackside.
Beccles Society of Artists was formed in 1969 and is dedicated to the furtherance and enjoyment of art.
The founder, the late Frank Delf, a retired marine engineer who lived in Worlingham, was a keen artist. He was also well known as a naturalist and had expert knowledge of windmills and round-towered churches. The late Frank Forward, a much respected professional artist, also played a part in the foundation. The first meeting was held in October, 1969.
You may also want to watch:
Most, but not all, members are practising artists. The society meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre in Newmarket, Beccles, at 7.30pm, for talks or demonstrations by professional artists or other experts in art and associated fields. New members are always welcome.
The exhibition will be open from 10am to 5pm each day, but closes at 3pm on the final day. Admission is free.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
For more details visit www.becclesartists.co.uk