B&B present Oliver! at Beccles Public Hall
CONSIDER yourself invited as the curtain is set to rise on The B&B Theatre Company’s debut production of the musical Oliver!
Between 30 and 40 young people will take to the stage of Beccles Public Hall next week as they present their debut production, featuring all the musical classics such as Food Glorious Food, I’d Do Anything, Pick a Pocket or Two and Consider Yourself.
Oliver! is based on Charles Dickens’ moving tale of Oliver Twist, an orphan boy who escapes from the orphanage only to end up in the company of pickpockets.
When Oliver has a chance to live a good life, love and hate battle as Sykes and his girlfriend, Nancy, have different ideas for the young boy. Dickens’ characters are always larger-than-life, and the musical captures this.
The lead role of Oliver is being played by 12-year old Sam Carver, of Carlton Colville. He said: “It’s very exciting playing the part and being able to understand and feel emotion that Oliver faces.”
You may also want to watch:
The theatre group was set up by five former students of Benjamin Britten High School in Lowestoft after they secured �13,200 from Suffolk Youth Opportunity Fund and The Suffolk Foundation.
“The production of Oliver! features an amazing talented cast,” said 16-year-old Ryan Holt, who will be playing Fagin and producing the show. “It’s been a challenge, but we have got there and now we are presenting our first show.”
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 6 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
Silhouette Stage School also features in the production. Helen Smith, from the stage school, said: “It has been a great opportunity for my pupils to work with other talented youngsters. The show is a credit to all involved.”
The production will run from next Wednesday to Sunday, April 3 at Beccles Public Hall. Adult tickets cost �7, family tickets �18 and children and senior citizens tickets �3.50 via www.thebandbtheatre company.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01502 446161.