B&B present Oliver! at Beccles Public Hall
CONSIDER yourself invited as the curtain is set to rise on The B&B Theatre Company’s debut production of the musical Oliver!
Between 30 and 40 young people will take to the stage of Beccles Public Hall next week as they present their debut production, featuring all the musical classics such as Food Glorious Food, I’d Do Anything, Pick a Pocket or Two and Consider Yourself.
Oliver! is based on Charles Dickens’ moving tale of Oliver Twist, an orphan boy who escapes from the orphanage only to end up in the company of pickpockets.
When Oliver has a chance to live a good life, love and hate battle as Sykes and his girlfriend, Nancy, have different ideas for the young boy. Dickens’ characters are always larger-than-life, and the musical captures this.
The lead role of Oliver is being played by 12-year old Sam Carver, of Carlton Colville. He said: “It’s very exciting playing the part and being able to understand and feel emotion that Oliver faces.”
You may also want to watch:
The theatre group was set up by five former students of Benjamin Britten High School in Lowestoft after they secured �13,200 from Suffolk Youth Opportunity Fund and The Suffolk Foundation.
“The production of Oliver! features an amazing talented cast,” said 16-year-old Ryan Holt, who will be playing Fagin and producing the show. “It’s been a challenge, but we have got there and now we are presenting our first show.”
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
Silhouette Stage School also features in the production. Helen Smith, from the stage school, said: “It has been a great opportunity for my pupils to work with other talented youngsters. The show is a credit to all involved.”
The production will run from next Wednesday to Sunday, April 3 at Beccles Public Hall. Adult tickets cost �7, family tickets �18 and children and senior citizens tickets �3.50 via www.thebandbtheatre company.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01502 446161.