Bands added to Harvest Moon Festival
FOLK-rock band Crumbs for Comfort are among a number of eclectic bands that have been added to the line-up of the fast-growing Harvest Moon Festival.It is the third year that the festival has been held at Beccles Quay, and it is hoped that this year will be the most successful ever.
FOLK-rock band Crumbs for Comfort are among a number of eclectic bands that have been added to the line-up of the fast-growing Harvest Moon Festival.
It is the third year that the festival has been held at Beccles Quay, and it is hoped that this year will be the most successful ever.
One of the highlights will be Crumbs for Comfort, from Lowestoft, who appeared in the final of the national competition Live and Unsigned at the IndigO2 in London last week.
Also playing will be acoustic folk-rock band Mulberry Hawk, covers band El Gato's Men, young punk-rock band My Sweet Surrender, Shedload, and One Member Short.
You may also want to watch:
More acts are still set to be announced.
The free family festival takes place on Saturday, August 14 from noon until dusk.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
The event was founded by Beccles Community Arts, who this year will be running the festival with Cancer Research UK.
There will be a bar, hot dogs and Parravanis ice cream on offer, and Cancer Research UK will be holding a smoothie bar and face painting. There will also be a raffle.
Attendees are reminded to bring blankets, chairs, and something for shade if it is hot.