Bands added to Harvest Moon Festival
FOLK-rock band Crumbs for Comfort are among a number of eclectic bands that have been added to the line-up of the fast-growing Harvest Moon Festival.It is the third year that the festival has been held at Beccles Quay, and it is hoped that this year will be the most successful ever.
FOLK-rock band Crumbs for Comfort are among a number of eclectic bands that have been added to the line-up of the fast-growing Harvest Moon Festival.
It is the third year that the festival has been held at Beccles Quay, and it is hoped that this year will be the most successful ever.
One of the highlights will be Crumbs for Comfort, from Lowestoft, who appeared in the final of the national competition Live and Unsigned at the IndigO2 in London last week.
Also playing will be acoustic folk-rock band Mulberry Hawk, covers band El Gato's Men, young punk-rock band My Sweet Surrender, Shedload, and One Member Short.
More acts are still set to be announced.
The free family festival takes place on Saturday, August 14 from noon until dusk.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 6 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 7 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 8 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
The event was founded by Beccles Community Arts, who this year will be running the festival with Cancer Research UK.
There will be a bar, hot dogs and Parravanis ice cream on offer, and Cancer Research UK will be holding a smoothie bar and face painting. There will also be a raffle.
Attendees are reminded to bring blankets, chairs, and something for shade if it is hot.