Beccles artist to show off paintings in solo exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles artist is to display nearly 100 paintings at an exhibition later this month.
John Patchett, who has held more than 45 successful solo shows in Australia and England, and his distinctive pastel paintings exhibited in Japan and New Zealand with the Institute of East Anglian Artists, the Patel Society and the Royal Society of Marine Artists and the Laing Exhibition in the Mall Galleries in London.
In his latest solo exhibition, pieces will highlight the bustle of Norwich market place and its adjacent streets, harbour locations, stunning sunsets, peaceful Broadland retreats and glorious gardens.
They will go on display to the public from August 18 to 22 in an exhibition entitled Capturing the Moment at the Gallery Picturecraft in Holt.
John is a full member of The Institute of East Anglian Artists (IEA) and won the public vote for his Norwich Market painting at last year’s Paint Out Norwich plein air competition.
You may also want to watch:
Further information can be found by calling the gallery on 01263 711040.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months