Dates confirmed for Beccles and Bungay Christmas lights switch ons
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The dates for the Beccles and Bungay Christmas lights switch ons have been confirmed after many across Suffolk were held virtually or cancelled last year because of the pandemic.
After a fallow year Beccles Christmas lights are going ahead on Friday, November 26, with organisers returning to basics with an event focused on local stall holders around the town hall.
Four roads in town are being closed from 1pm to 10pm to create space for the stalls, with shops and businesses in town staying open late to make use of them.
The event will have street entertainment, market stalls, craft stalls, fairground rides and a stage, with live entertainment. There will also be carol singers, food vendors and even a Christmas trail in the town.
The Bungay Christmas lights switch on will take place on Friday, November 19 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
There is an opportunity for all the family to see Father Christmas and his sleigh.
There will also be lots of entertainment throughout the evening and Christmas market stalls around town.
- 1 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 2 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 3 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk
- 4 Broken down Range Rover causes delays on A146 near Gillingham
- 5 Home interiors store opens in time for festive rush
- 6 Council to create new trading company to deliver key services
- 7 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 8 Suffolk seaside village named among coastal property hotspots
- 9 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 10 £20m roads project planned could cut flooding problems