Beccles concert in support of The Congo School for Peace
- Credit: Archant
The chamber choir, Auriga Capella, will be giving a concert to support the charity “The Congo School for Peace” at St Benet’s Minster, Beccles, on Sunday April 2 at 3.30pm.
The choir will be performing music by Purcell, some French lute songs, and extracts from Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater. There will also be instrumental items for organ and oboe by J S Bach.
Auriga Capella are also giving a full performance of Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater at the All Saints Church, Worlingham, on Sunday April 9 at 5.30pm.
The School for Peace in Congo is a Beccles project that started in 2001 when Anne Bauers made her first visit to southern Congo with a gift of £500.
Building work began in 2004 and the school opened in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
As of last year there are 550 children at the school.
It is run by the Congolese order of nuns “The Sisters of Joseph”.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day