Beccles theatre promises variety of entertaining shows and talks
- Credit: Archant
Take a shimmy and a shuffle back in time to the early 1960s in the company of Ricky Cool and the In Crowd, as they bring the music of Soho’s most legendary venue to Beccles Public Hall.
The band are performing at the hall on Saturday, February 11, with support from DJ and dance instructor DJ The Muffin Man of Jivebunnies, who will be specialising in R&B and early northern soul popcorn.
Ricky has toured with the likes of Billy Connolly, shared a stage with George Harrison and played alongside Robert Plant.
Not to mention fronting one of Birmingham’s most popular combos, the legendary Ricky Cool and the Icebergs.
Now, with his six piece band The In Crowd, Ricky is set to deliver his own inimitable take on 60s rhythm and blues and ska to a whole new audience.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The band members are all top class musicians with fearsome pedigrees. The music we play is timeless and the show is wild and wacky by anyone’s standards. The band’s often nutty brand of enthusiasm is contagious.”
Doors open at 8pm for an 8.30pm start.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
Tickets are priced £11 (£10 concessions) and are available at www.becclespublichall.co.uk, 01502 770060 or by visiting the box office open from Monday to Saturday, 10am to 3pm.
? The new Hall programme is also now available and will include a night of professional wrestling, Patsy Cline and Friends and a production of Quadrophenia.
There are also plenty of films on showing, a gardeners forum, a pop up piano bar and the Beccles Young Vocalist and Beccles Young Musician of the Year competition presented by the Rotary Club of Beccles, which takes place on February 12.
There will also be half term fun with the Science Boffins for children of primary school age.