Blondie tribute show to kick off another busy week at Bungay theatre
- Credit: Archant
Bungay’s Fisher Theatre will be hosting a Blondie tribute show tomorrow night.
One way or Another promises to be a truly dynamic performance bringing you all the hits from 1974 to 2014. There are still some tickets left for the show which starts at 7.30pm. Tickets are £12 or £11.
On Sunday, André Rieu Encore will be on the cinema screen at 3pm. It is a recording of his legendary annual Maastricht concert beamed out on Saturday. He plays with his world-famous 60-piece Johann Strauss Orchestra, singers and special guests. Tickets are £12 and the evening has nearly sold out.
Monday, July 25, bring Bungay Film Club’s Taxi Tehran (12A). Tickets are £5 or £2.50 for members. The film follows a filmmaker posing as a gregarious taxi driver drawing out stories and opinions from a collection of passengers.
Next Thursday, July 28, the good-time five-piece blues/jazz band Gin City will be performing roots, early blues and some contemporary blues and jazz from 7.30pm. Tickets are £7.50.
The Fisher Theatre is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and lots of special events have been planned to mark the reopening of the theatre from September 15. An Exhibition of Curiosities on September 27 invites people to enter their own 21st century curio to be exhibited and judged. You can pick up an information sheet from the theatre and get making. Events will also include plays, a vintage tea and the chance to put together a cardboard cockerel to battle with others in the ring, rounding off with a cabaret on September 30.
To book tickets call the box office on 01986 897130 or visit www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 7 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 8 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 9 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 10 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
Tonight’s performance of Draculas Ghost has been cancelled.