Blues in Bungay
LIVE music with the Hofners is on offer at the Fisher Theatre at Bungay this evening.Unique interpretations of classics from blues, jazz and Americana, with some distinctive original compositions, are all part of Martin Burley and Duncan Campbell's entertaining show full of quirky humour and dare-devil improvisation.
LIVE music with the Hofners is on offer at the Fisher Theatre at Bungay this evening.
Unique interpretations of classics from blues, jazz and Americana, with some distinctive original compositions, are all part of Martin Burley and Duncan Campbell's entertaining show full of quirky humour and dare-devil improvisation. Musical boundaries will be stretched by Duncan's virtuoso slide guitar and Martin's guitar, mandolin, ukulele and mandola. Tickets are �7 (�6 concessions).
Tomorrow there is entertainment of a cerebral nature as Mind Force offers the audience the challenge to have their thoughts and responses predicted. It is sensational mentalism live on stage, so go along and witness it for yourself. No one under 14 will be admitted. Tickets are �9 (�8 concessions) and it starts at 7.30pm.
Next Friday, Steemy Dan, a tribute to Steely Dan, is at the theatre at 7.30pm. The band is one of only a few in the UK to be playing this challenging music with its amalgam of styles and genres. Steely Dan gained cult status through the 1970s with their inspired music performed and written by Walter Becker and Donald Fagen, and their style and tone are beautifully captured by this 10-piece tribute. Tickets are �8 (�7).
You may also want to watch:
The Horn Factory brings the January programme at the theatre to its climax on January 30. The hard-swinging 20-piece band features soloists and ensemble players exploring a rich history of classic arrangement by Buddy Rich and Stan Kenton to contemporary work by Pat Metheny and Michel Camilo.
The Thursday film at the Fisher next week is Creaton (PG) a biographical drama tracing the life of Charles Darwin and his wife. It is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Tickets for all events at the Fisher are available through the box office on 01986 897130 or via the website: www.fishertheatre.org