New interactive murder-mystery show set to thrill Bungay
- Credit: Archant
An evening of murder, mystery and intrigue is set to transport Bungay back to the 1920s in a new interactive theatre show.
Strange Fascination will be bringing its brand new immersive murder-mystery show ‘Secrets’ to the Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Saturday, April 28.
A theatre spokesman said: “Attendees are invited to take part in the action, solving clues to work out the murderer in this original piece of immersive theatre.
“The plot follows Squiffy Banningham, heir to his father Thomas’ fortune.
“Squiffy is holding a party at the theatre to celebrate his recent windfall - but what secrets do the guests hold that could reveal the truth about the death?
You may also want to watch:
“And what lengths will each of them go to secure their own share of the wealth?”
On the night attendees are encouraged to wear their best 1920s fancy dress to fully get in the spirit of a classic murder-mystery caper.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 8 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 9 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 10 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
There will also be a buffet dinner for all to enjoy.
Laila France, Fisher Theatre programming manager, spoke of the anticipation surrounding the event.
She said: “It promises to be a really fun evening, the quality of the theatre from Strange Fascination is fantastic, as always, and there is thrills and laughs all the way through.
“We can’t wait for this one.”
Strange Fascination is a Norfolk theatre company based in Norwich which has regularly performed in Bungay over the years and developed a strong fan base in the town.
The company states its mission is to “create engaging and diverse entertainments in the open air, in theatre and in bespoke spaces” and “to help revitalise the theatres profession in East Anglia and beyond”.
The theatre spokesman added: “They completed a highly successful run of children’s outdoor theatre shows in Norfolk and Suffolk during the summer of 2017 which gained an endorsement from Stephen Fry.”
Strange Fascination’s ‘Secrets’ will be appearing at the Fisher Theatre at 7pm on Saturday, April 28.
Tickets, costing £24 and including a buffet dinner, are available from the theatre box office on 01986 897 130 or at www.fishertheatre.org Do you have a Bungay event you would like to publicise? Email firstname.lastname@example.org